What's new

My 15 month old 50" Panasonic plasma went dead (1 Viewer)

Craig

Second Unit
My wife said she had the remote in her lap when the cat jumped up. She grabbed at the remote and caught it as it fell, then the TV went dead.

I've unplugged the TV, left it unplugged for 15 minutes or so, and plugged it back in, nothing at all. The power light on the front isn't on, isn't flashing, it's like the TV is completely dead. It doesn't respond to either the remote or the power button on the TV itself.

I think the TV must have just died coincidentally with the cat/remote incident. I thought maybe my wife had hit some combination of buttons that did it, but doesn't look like it.

If anyone has had any similar experiences with the TV (not a cat jumping on the remote), please share. This is a TH-50PX75U and it's been an excellent TV, until now.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Well, you can always try another outlet that's known to be working. Otherwise, somehow, perhaps the power transformer in the plasma set has given up the ghost.

Craig

Second Unit
The outlet is ok, everything else is working that's plugged into that box, and I've also switched plugs on the outlet, still no go. I've got someone coming tomorrow to look at it and give me an estimate (if they can determine what's wrong). Could be a fuse, or like you're saying, something a lot more costly. I paid for it with Amex and have the receipt, so supposedly I have another year of warranty coverage thru them. If it's something like a fuse, I'll probably just pay for it myself. If it's more complicated I'll be giving Amex a call and see what they will do.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Craig:

Looks like this is a know issue with the Panasonic boards.

Go to

18) Power Light Blinking Chart - BruZZi's Forum

This will give you an idea but it looks like it could be one of five boards and it will need to be replaced by Pansonic tech. Hopefully Amex can get you fixed up. I didn't see anything about if you do not getting any type of flashing light but it is probably in the same area.

Parker

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks