What's new

My 1000th Post - And A Confession (1 Viewer)

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Julie I have the same problem, sometimes I'm a gorgeous 18 year old blonde babe called Stuffy Steffi from Staines (hang on my bra fell off), yep makes you wonder which of my posts were posted with Steve in full makeup and high heels (aaaarggh this thong is killing me), anyhoo JulieK/JayK/JK/J congrats on 1000 posts and watch out if another postbug hits the HTF you might be hitting 1000 posts again sometime next week.;) :emoji_thumbsup:
POSTED BY SEXY STEVE C.

Dan B

Screenwriter
Actually, I prefer the films of Peter Hyams to anything that cold, expatriate, reclusive, sterile, overrated, distant, and austere hermit of a director ever did.
Hey, I wouldn't have called him austere! ;) joking
-Dan
had the self-control to not create a "my 1000th post" topic

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
I can't stand cats.
Here here!! :D
Congratulations on 1000, Julie. I'm glad you're not here for the sole purpose of finding a man. The after hours lounge would be a little scary with you hitting on us all the time, especially considering this most recent post of yours. ;)

Julie K

Screenwriter
Hi again. Hope I didn't have you all too worried :laugh: . It's all just a early April 1st post - not that anyone would have believed that meany skeptic Max...
But thank you all for replying to my vanity post, I had fun reading. Well, except for maybe the idea of Steve Christou in a thong. That was kind of unpleasant ;)
This forum is great, you guys are great, and I hope we'll all continue to have fun for quite some time. Or at least until next week when I can write this again if the post count bug comes back.
Meanwhile, slowly trudging onward towards 5000...

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Best of luck getting there. But you still haven't responded to my thoughtful, balanced assessment of the ISS--my look at the political hurdles that the thing has had to overcome, its muddy, diffuse mission, and, ultimately, the reasons as to why we do need an LEO outpost. I thought I employed excellent reasoning, bringing all my technocratic leanings to bear, traits that should please an engineering mind during the course of a good dialogue. Every journey begins with a single step, and your trek toward The Big 5,000th should start in that thread.

Julie K

Screenwriter
Jack,
I didn't feel I could add much to what you said. I admit that I have a bias for the unmanned missions but I agree that the ISS could have been much more. I could certainly support it without reservation had it been the 'gateway to the solar system' that such a platform should be. Likewise, I would love to see a return to big manned missions to the Moon and Mars, but that just isn't going to happen soon unless we get into a space race with someone (China?) or get some firm positive results for life on Mars or Europa. Although a manned Europa mission is certainly beyond us at this time.
Now can I go back to being silly? ;)

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
My tarantula molted!!! Yippeee, don't know why I posted it in this thread, but hell, why not! Another molt on a full moon... There is something freaky about that but I noticed this morning that he's real shiny and colorful (and getting really big!!) It kind of explains why he left his favorite sunning spot a few days ago and burrowed into his little shelter I made for him! And I just thought he was being antisocial..

Jay

Mark Schermerhorn

Second Unit
Julie, when you said you we going to make a confession, I figured you were going to admit to liking being hit on by undersexed internet guys :)
Thankfully that wasn't the case :)

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
We're on the same page, then. I'm relieved. But science is not the reason for a manned space effort: exploration and expansion are. Science, as much as I love it, is the proverbial icing.

You're right about China: the Shenzou spacecraft--a Soyuz knock-off--is nearing its first manned flight, and the Chinese have made clear that they intend to send humans to the Moon and Mars. However, there's a problem: China's third-world economy.

And, of course, Japan has made its interplanetary longings known.

Had the great Stanley Kubrick film been more accurately titled, it should have been 2101: A Space Odyssey. Most unfortunately.

And to think: NASA once had hopes to send astronauts to Mars by the early- to mid-'80s.

As Arthur C. Clarke once said, "The future ain't what it used to be."

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Cool! Isn't there a certain molt when he'll develop 'hooks' on his legs for mating?
Yes, they're called Tibial Spurs and form somewhere like on the underside of the front legs between the 2nd and 3rd tarsus. Only the males of certain tarantula species have them (i.e. the largest Tarantula, Theraposa Blondi doesn't).

However, my Brachypelma boehmei is still a juvenile/subadult, he's about 4inches measured diagonally from 1st leg on one side to the 4th leg on the opposite side. I presume he's male just by the rate of growth, I didn't want to disturb the cage to pick out the exuvium (the molted shell). Once I do I'll have to see if I can make out whether he's really a he, but I'm 75% sure it's a male.

Jay

P.S. I didn't get a chance to go to the herp show in White Plains, NY so my 2.5 gallon is still empty.. I'd really like to get an arboreal T and see if I have better luck this time!

Jason Merrick

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Merrick
I'm sorry, but can someone read this post to me? I can't make it out, what with all the starbursts and dry eyes from my Lasik surgery.

Just kidding Julie, congratulations on your 1000th post, the best one I have seen so far was your African Safari post... good stuff! (I used to work for Hunting Magazine and Bowhunting Magazine)

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Meh, face it, we'll all be in the ground before civillians will ever set foot on the moon on a regular basis. Fortunately for Jack Briggs and Julie K, those two will all evolve into star children and be able to wonder the cosmos for the rest of their lives.

Hey wait a minute, why don't you two get together? Hell, you both love cats, both proponents of critical thinking, and you're both single. Who else thinks they should get together?

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Can I be the evil adopted son (uh...lack of age difference aside) who clones Peter Jackson to do Julie's evil biddings? "Make Bad Taste 2, NOW!" *crack of whip* "Yesssss, masssster". And then I launch a mind-control satellite to wipe the memory of Peter Hyam's 2010 from the unwitting populace, and at the same time manipulate congress into sending a manned expedition to Mars and Jupiter...that way Jack won't feel like a third wheel, and hence be under my control. Moo. Ha. Ha.

Anyone have any used genetics textbooks? I'm kinda low on cash...the HT hobby is expensive even if you're an aspiring super-villain like me!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks