What's new

MX-500 and Dimmers (1 Viewer)

Gary TP

Stunt Coordinator
Can anyone recommend a good dimmer switch to work with the MX-500... I have 2 light switches i'm going to replace with dimmers and I want to be able to press a button to fade up and fade down full or just a little bit if I choose...I am willing to go whatever route whether that means getting an IR to RF or x10 type solution.

The reason i'm asking is because i've heard of issues with Lutron dimmers requiring a "hold" command to dim the lights or raise them to a certain level and the mx-500 doesn't support this...

It would also be nice to be able to set percentages of dimmness, but that's not necessary since i'm going with the least expensive type solution here...

JohnnyN

Stunt Coordinator
x10 is flexible, but horribly slow.

The lutron spacer decorator style dimmer switches come with an IR remote. If you want to use the MX-500, I'm sure you could have it learn the ir commands if it doesn't already come with the presets.

Each spacer dimmer can be tapped once for full brightness
tapped twice for preset level
or press and held for all off

if you have more than one switch in a gang box, they will all respond the same way to the remote

you can hold the dimmer down on the remote and it will dim all switches all the way down

I have four spacers in one gang box and it gives me 3 scenes, all on (cleanup), all off (movie), my preset (music). good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks