What's new

Multi compnents limited inputs prob (1 Viewer)

Khary

Auditioning
i have a onkyo gxw-5.1 you can see spec here Link Removed
Well heres my prob this system only has 3 inputs. Digital optical, digital coaxil and analog line. I have more components than inputs. I tried to build a box to switch the components thats gonna be outputed but there seems to be a problem. If i connect my cable box directly to the receiver (using analog line) i have no probs but if i use the switch box it dosent seperate the sound for each channel.
If I go and buy myself a regular rca analog switch box will my signals be correct or will it be the same way?

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

brian a

Second Unit
It sounds like a RCA switch box would work, but can you give more detail about what you are trying to hook up and how?

Khary

Auditioning
i have my cable, dvd, cd changer, gamecube and ps2.

The DVD is going in as digital coaxil.

The cable is going in analog line in.

My ps2 is going in as digital optical.

This leaves my gamecube and cd changer.

I built a box using some rca female inputs 4 inputs 1 output and a 4 channel switch.

My dilema is how my connection is now sounds fine. But once i hook up my cable (rca outs) to the box then plug the box into my receiver I no longer get the surround sound feeling. All the front channels sound fine (right, left, center and sub) but the rear gets no sound. When i connect through my a switch shouldnt it put out the same signal it put in? If i take rca cable through like a rca patch bay when it comes out i should still get the same signal correct?

When i connect through my box

brian a

Second Unit
Your right. It should be the same signal after the switch. The signal you get from the RCAs won't be surround though. You need to make sure that you're receiver is doing pro-logic or DPL-II to get sound out of the rear speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmoore9
Recent bookmarks