What's new

Much needed subwoofer advice... (1 Viewer)

Chris Trot

Stunt Coordinator
I'm planning on purchasing the Ascend Acoustics 3.1 system without a sub, but can get the HSU-VTF2 with it for around $500. I mainly listen to music, so is there a better sub, musically, than the VTF2 in this price range. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BradJudy

Stunt Coordinator
I have an Ascend 5.1 system with the VTF-2. I think you'll see the primary recommendations in the $500 price range around here are the VTF-2, the Adire Rava, and the SVS 25-31 PCi. I haven't heard the Adire in person and I've only heard the SVS 20-39 myself, but I think any of them would be great for music and movies. I've heard Hsu recommends their tube style subs over their cubes for music, but they will run more than $500 with an amp.

I am quite happy with my Ascend/Hsu combination for both music and movies (I'm about 50/50) and I think any of those three subs will sound great.

RichardH

Supporting Actor
I think if you factor in the discount you get on the VTF-2 by getting it from Ascend, you'd be hard pressed to beat it. I'd just go for it.

I set up my buddy w/ a 5.1 system from Ascend (170's across the front and 200's for rears, w/ a VTF-2) and he absolutely loves it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks