What's new

MS Word Select toggle? (1 Viewer)

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Is there a way to toggle the selected text in MS Word XP? Word Perfect has one and I need to delete a bunch of pages and I see no other way other than to highlight a gazillion pages and delete it... There's got to be a better way. And the selection that I need to keep isn't selected any easier so I can't toggle the selection.... Is there a block on/off like in Word Perfect?

Jay

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Oooh, I found it, I can't use CTRL-A because I wanted to delete a section of a very very large document. But there are a bunch of SHIFT-PGDOWN/PGUP and codes that I can use to select via the keyboard, unfortunately, I couldn't find it in the help files until just now.

I still like WordPerfect's Block key, it's simple. Even the editor on the VAX I use has a toggle select button mapped.

Thanks
Jay

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
Click the start of the selection to put the insert cursor there, then find the end of the selection and shift-click it. Then mash the Delete button.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassidylhorne
Recent bookmarks