What's new

Movies that really strain credibility. (1 Viewer)

Reginald Trent

Screenwriter
DRIVEN, how can you believe a chase involving two formula 1 cars racing thru downtown Chicago without any Chicago Police trying to catch them?

How about Shaft(Samuel L. Jackson)throwing his Star/Badge at a presiding judge and not being arrested or held for comtempt of court?

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
My favorite part of Ebert's Armageddon review is this one:
"OK, say you do succeed in blowing up an asteroid the size of Texas. What if a piece the size of Dallas is left? Wouldn't that be big enough to destroy life on Earth? What about a piece the size of Austin? Let's face it: Even an object the size of that big Wal-Mart outside Abilene would pretty much clean us out, if you count the parking lot."
:)
BTW, I actually own and like Armageddon. Don't ask why, but sometime I love feeling like a vegetable for 2.5 hours. :)
-Dean-

CharlesD

Screenwriter
DRIVEN, how can you believe a chase involving two formula 1 cars racing thru downtown Chicago...
A pednatic nit-pick: they were supposed to be CART cars, not Forumla One cars. I only bring this minor detail up because it illustrates just how bad this movie was, Stallone hung around the F1 circus for several years in preparation for making this movie (the arrogant German champ, the team owner in a wheelchair...) but as soon as the F1 guys saw the script they told him to get lost, they wanted no part of it, so Stallone had to go looking for another series to humiliate :D

Reginald Trent

Screenwriter
Also, how about "The Crow"? Where one of the bad guys gets hit by a car doing 30 - 40 MPH becomes a hood ornament crushing the windshield then lands on the pavement. But has the agility and strength to overpower the male driver after he stops to see about the bad guy. The bad guy is coherent enough to drive the car at high speed trying to elude police in the process.

Yeah Right!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dean Kousoulas

Second Unit
How about Home Alone? Once Kevin knew his house was gonna be visited by Harry/Marv, and also with the "crazy man with the shovel" showing up every now and then, why didn't he just call the cops?

Dean

MarcinL

Stunt Coordinator
Hard Boiled!!!!!!

Everytime I see it, I always laugh, I think this is the one with the Tea Party with Birds, forgive me if im wrong, but i think it is. anyways CYF acts like hes god-like, no reload, no out of ammo, shoots thousands of bullets without ever reloading from his gun!!! WTF is that, they start shooting at him from uzis and shit and miss him, but he is with his 9 mm and has ammo to take whole north korea, plus many more HONG KONG movies at the time had same problems, no reloads. I guess they like that kind of stuff

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks