What's new

AMC A-List & other theater subscriptions (1 Viewer)

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I've really grown to like this January tradition of Liam Neeson appearing in an action movie.

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
Another fathom is up today Treasure of the Siera Madre.

Probably see Commuter today then come home and watch Football.

#GoBirds

So MoviePass works with Fathom movies?

I have this on blu-ray, and I like it a lot. But I'm guessing that seeing it on the big screen would increase the impact.

I have to confess I didn't really "get" Gone With the Wind until I finally saw it on the big screen. GWTW is obviously a flawed and racist movie, but still great in many ways. Anyway, the emotional impact of GWTW was multiplied by the big screen for me, even though the blu-ray is very good.

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
Found the answer. MP is not supposed to be used for Fathom events....

https://moviepass.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001124111-Are-there-any-restrictions-

Are there any restrictions?
57x57.png

Max
  • 4 days ago
Your $9.95 unlimited MoviePass subscription allows you to see one standard 2D movie every calendar day at any participating theater. We currently do not support (in part or entirety) any enhanced or special screenings that involve an upcharge at the theater. Examples of these would include 3D, IMAX, Fathom Events, DBOX, ETX/RPX, film festival screenings, etc.

Your MoviePass card can only be used to purchase a ticket to the screening listed on your check-in. Using your card to purchase a different ticket is against our terms & conditions, which can result in your account cancellation.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Yep definitely use for fathom at your own risk.

It’s always there as a clickable non greyed out option for me at my local regal.

Last edited:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Commuter was well worth a visit to the movies.

Rated against other movies of this type it’s 4/5 stars.

Kept us guessing the whole time.

I guess Sam Neill needed to spruce up his wine grove.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
LOVE Treasure Of Sierra Madre. My favorite Bogie performance. Yes even better than Rick in Casablanca (my all time favorite classic Hollywood film).

Gonna try and catch it Wednesday night.

Last edited:

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
I don't know who Bogud is in the movie; however, I watched this last year on the big screen and it looked awesome. Bogart was great and Huston was even better.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I discovered this film while I was bingeing Classic Westerns( even tho it’s not really a western). So awesome. And holds up wonderfully.

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Movie pass for
Friday - The Commuter, thought the trailer was better than the film. Not bad, just not very good.
Saturday - The Post - really good film. Great performances from all involved.

Looking foreard to 12 Strong next weekend and maybe Hostiles if it opens here in Macon.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I finally received my Movie Pass card on Saturday. I have a question. After you reserve your ticket at the movie theater using the mobile app and if the theater doesn't have any active kiosk, do you just go to the ticket booth and use the card like you would do with a credit card when purchasing a movie ticket?

Last edited:

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I finally received my Movie Pass card on Saturday. I have a question. After you reserve your ticket at the movie theater using the mobile app and if the theater doesn't have any active kiosk, do you just go to the ticket booth and use the card like you would do with a credit card when purchasing a movie ticket?
Yes.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member

I think as long as your Movie Pass card has been registered in your Movie Pass app (select "MoviePass Cards" on the app and look to see if it shows the last 4 digits of the MoviePass credit card number. Typically if you've done the e-ticket, it should register the card to show up in your MoviePass app after you've logged in with your MoviePass credentials), the card can be used as a credit card.

Just tell the ticket booth which movie, and hand them the MoviePass card and they just swipe it like they would any other MasterCard for payment. By checking in on the app, MoviePass loads up the MoviePass card's Mastercard account with the amount of funds for that particular showing at that particular movie theater. You only have 30 minutes after checking in on the MoviePass app to have your MoviePass card swipe-able to pay for the movie, afterwards, the funds are supposedly taken out of your credit card's balance.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino

I always go to the ticket booth.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Managed three flicks this weekend at two different theaters (first time using my card). Didn't have a problem at any time using the do-it-yourself kiosk. By rule, I avoid the ticket booth or in-person cashier if at all possible.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I think as long as your Movie Pass card has been registered in your Movie Pass app (select "MoviePass Cards" on the app and look to see if it shows the last 4 digits of the MoviePass credit card number. Typically if you've done the e-ticket, it should register the card to show up in your MoviePass app after you've logged in with your MoviePass credentials), the card can be used as a credit card.

Just tell the ticket booth which movie, and hand them the MoviePass card and they just swipe it like they would any other MasterCard for payment. By checking in on the app, MoviePass loads up the MoviePass card's Mastercard account with the amount of funds for that particular showing at that particular movie theater. You only have 30 minutes after checking in on the MoviePass app to have your MoviePass card swipe-able to pay for the movie, afterwards, the funds are supposedly taken out of your credit card's balance.
So you can’t reserve your seat the day before?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks