What's new

Moulin Rouge: Menus and Specs (1 Viewer)

MichaelPe

Screenwriter
Looks incredible!! I can't wait for December 18.
So, is there any word on whether "Romeo + Juliet (SE)" will be released on the same date?
------------------
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/Forum9/HTML/005780-2.html
MY TOP 20 OF 2001

tyler O

Stunt Coordinator
Wow. That looks beautiful. I wonder how the "audio track for the visually impaired" will be. I am so looking forward to this title. These next couple of months are going to break me...
------------------
Share and Enjoy - The marketing division of the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite.
My DVDs

Luis A

Second Unit
I can't wait to hear the DTS track in my theater. We'll also get to see nasty Christina in the "Lady Marmalade" video. Yipeeeeee!
L

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
It will be mine........oh yes.....it will be mine. :) They list the wrong AR however, but I am sure it's just a little mistake on their part.
Dan (UK)
[Edited last by Dan Brecher on November 09, 2001 at 05:39 AM]

Oswald Pascual

Second Unit
Real Name
No Name
Back to the aspect ratio question again. I brought this up a while ago on another "Moulin Rouge" thread and I kept getting different responses and emails on this very subject. I saw this movie twice, and both times I saw it, it was in a 1.85:1 aspect ratio. It was in different theaters too! Now I know the many folks said they saw it in 2.35:1 and I know some theaters are known to give at rats ass about proper framing, but now every sight that I have seen advertising it says it's 1.85:1!(IMDB say's 2.35:1)I also saw some other folks post that they saw it in a 1.85:1. This will be interesting to see when I get my hands on it myself.
P.S. The trailer is in 1.85:1 here;
Link Removed
My DVD Collection Home Theater Pics
Ozzie
[Edited last by Oswald Pascual on November 09, 2001 at 09:01 AM]
[Edited last by Oswald Pascual on November 09, 2001 at 09:02 AM]

AdrianOC

Stunt Coordinator
I believe Mr Peter Staddon chimed in on the aspect ratio issue and confirmed that it would indeed be 2.35:1.
------------------
"Want to hold up a bank in Latin?
"Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam."
(I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.)
My DVD List

Bryant Frazer

Stunt Coordinator
Moulin Rouge was shot in 2.35:1 anamorphic, and was exhibited that way at its premiere engagement at the Ziegfeld in New York City. Oswald, maybe you live in one of those cities where the multiplexes show everything in the same aspect ratio?
You can read more about it here:
http://makeashorterlink.com/?T20E1242
-bf-
------------------
Bryant Frazer
Deep Focus
www.deep-focus.com

Oswald Pascual

Second Unit
Real Name
No Name
Actually Bryant I saw this movie in two different states. My job has me traveling all over the country and I get a chance to go to many different theaters. I saw this movie in Seattle, and in Los Angeles. The Seattle theater might of done something like that but the theater in Los Angeles was first class! They even brought the curtains in and out for the trailers! I hardly ever seen that. Also is the trailer for :Moulin Rogue" I provided then cropping the image?
I did read your link and it clearly states that it was shot in 2.35:1 and I know Peter said so as well, but after seeing it twice in 1.85:1 and now seeing it advertised incorrectly all over the place it makes me wonder.
---------------
My Home Theater
sign.jpg

My DVD Collection Home Theater Pics
Ozzie
[Edited last by Oswald Pascual on November 09, 2001 at 12:06 PM]

Ron-F

Auditioning
Hi all,i'm new here but i'd like to throw my 2 cents.
I work as a film projectionist in a theatre which currently shows Moulin Rouge and i can tell you all without a shadow of a doubt that this film is indeed presented in 2.35:1 ar(cinemascope).
You can clearly see it while looking at the film itself that the picture is stretched,and the film needs to be projected through an anamoprhic lens to be displayed correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks