What's new

Motorola DVR Box (1 Viewer)

Steve_Blazer

Stunt Coordinator
Yes I have one ..

I have a Denon 3806 and havnt got round to connecting the cable box with HDMI due to the issues I've seen posted on here regarding HDCP.

Anyone summarise what the problem is so I know if its worth messing around with?

I found some info about various issues here:

Motorola Page

Does this answer/fix any of the problems?

I would love to find out for myself but I wont be home most of the week :frowning:

Nathan_R

Supporting Actor
No, that DVI plug/unplug solution will *not* fix the HDMI-switching/Denon 3806 problem. While Denon says it's not their problem, I think differently.

Last week, I ordered a Digi-Media 4-port HDCP-compliant HDMI switch, removed all of my HDMI sources, and re-routed them through the switch. Now, I have no more HDCP problems with the Comcast box. For what it's worth, the 3806 also failed to pass the HDMI signal from my HDCP-compliant JVC 5u D-vhs unit. The switch has fixed that issue, as well.

In short, I feel the HDMI switching capabilities of the 3806 are a waste of money right now. I've only heard of people using them successfully to pass HDMI from dvd players and HD-DVRs from D* and E* (my dvd players also all passed through the 3806 with no problems). It's a great unit otherwise, and I'm quite content with mine, but I have no expectations of this feature every fully working as advertised.

Steve_Blazer

Stunt Coordinator
I'm not positive its a Denon issue as I guy I work with has the same Motorola DVR cable box and a JVC receiver - same problem.

HDCP wont synch up.

Hes resorted to an HDMI switch for his DVR while his Denon DVD player passes its HDMI through his JVC receiver without a problem.

Hopefully this will get sorted before too long.

tokenzhu

Auditioning
Real Name
David
Nathan-R. where did you find the digimedia box? I've been looking for the 4 port hdmi 1.3 unit and can only find one vendor who is selling at a hefty mark up.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks