What's new

MotoGP shortcuts (1 Viewer)

Mike__D

Supporting Actor
I've been playing this game online alot. The thing that bugs me are the people who take shortcuts. Like on Jerez, the final turn, people but across the infield, a massive on is on LeMan, the turn after the chican, some just completely cut that turn out :frowning:
After one race the winner gloated and I said "How about winning next time w/ out the shortcuts?" To which people defended them and said if custom bikes are fair, then so are shortcuts? Yeah, okay...
Does this piss anyone else off? When I host games I turn the offroad sim up to 50%, but I get few players when I do this... seems like everyone is doing the shortcut thing. :frowning:
Your thoughts?
Mike D.

Masood Ali

Supporting Actor
I agree fully. I hate it when people skip the tough chicane at Donington.

That said, I also like playing with collisions off. Every series I've played with collisions off has been extremely competetive, usually coming down to the wire. People don't mind taking the slower corners (instead of cutting them) if they know there won't be a huge pileup.

Most of my matches with top-50 players have been collisions off. Very tough competition.

Jim J

Second Unit
I like popping the sims levels up.

I have taken the shortcut on jerez I think. It really doesn't help me. I almost always come in last!

I haven't been on for a couple weeks now. Been so busy.

Daren Welsh

Supporting Actor
I've heard various arguments that if you stay on the road and corner properly you can still beat someone cutting that corner (on Jerez). I'm not sure I know which corner you are talking about on LeMan. Just bump those sims up. Playing at 0% sim is boring once you know how to ride. I dunno about turning collisions off, though. To me, that seems pretty cheap. How can you argue for reality by turning on sims and then turn off collisions? Part of the game is battling for position.

Romar Armas

Second Unit
If you check out www.planetmgp.com all of the top rider on Live live there.
I've raced with these guys and they know their stuff. They do not take that shortcut on Jerez. They say you have to be very precise for the shortcut to make any difference. I used to take the shortcut all the time but after practicing, I stick to the road. The grass slows you down too much and you can't keep your speed after the turn.

Scott "E"

Second Unit
I've played with a few people that do this and I immediately leave that room and find another. 9 out of 10 times I could probably wind up winning the race as most of the time these people will wreck, but it's no fun if I'm the only one following the rules :frowning:.
How can you argue for reality by turning on sims and then turn off collisions? Part of the game is battling for position.
I couldn't agree more, Daren. I think a lot of the fun in racing games is knowing which line is going to work best in any given situation.

Daren Welsh

Supporting Actor
Is there a way to change the HUD? All the HUDs in the screenshots look different than in-game (at least for me). I've looked around in the options and can't find anything ... am I missing something obvious?

Mike__D

Supporting Actor
They do not take that shortcut on Jerez. They say you have to be very precise for the shortcut to make any difference.
Problem is, if you aren't great at the corners yet, the shortcut guys have the advantage. I guess I'll just suck it up and let them do it until I'm better.

The LeMans short cut I saw, was after the chicane, the right hander that on sunny, you get blinded by the sun. Well, I was ahead of one guy, and he just went right on the grass and popped out ahead of me. It's probably the longest of the shortcuts, as you are on the grass for a while... complete BS if you ask me. And he's the one who argues if custom bikes are allowed, so should shortcuts.

Mike D.

Christopher Cheadle

Stunt Coordinator
It also irritates me when people take the shortcuts. I prefer to time my turns right and try to corner through a turn rather than skate through the grass.

That said, if I end up with a race with any of you and you happen to see me riding through the grass on a turn, chances are that I took an unintentional "shortcut." I'm still pretty new to the Live world (been up for about a week) and pretty much stink at MotoGP. But I do enjoy it a lot.

Mike__D

Supporting Actor
Well, I'll be hosting some games tonight with sims turned up. I noticed I can NOT kick my rear tire out with throttle adjustments when all sims are at ZERO. Zero sims = arcade

Mike D.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks