Most PC like RPG for the PS2?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by BrianShort, Jan 20, 2002.

1. BrianShort

BrianShort Supporting Actor

What's the most PC style RPG available for the PS2? By PC style I mean a wide open environment where you can go anywhere without being constrained by the storyline, fairly non linear plot, lots of side quests, etc... like the Baldurs Gate series, the Fallout games (the best CRPG's ever IMO, I really wish they'd make Fallout 3)

I've been reading a bit about Project Ego... if that lives up to the goals they have set for it, I'll just have to get an xbox for it (I was planning on getting one anyway)

Brian

2. Kip

Kip Stunt Coordinator

Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance would be your best bet.

Kip

3. Romier S

Romier S Producer

I second Baldurs Gate. Its a great game in the Diablo vien. Also there is a new Wizardry game being released on the PS2 (not sure if it is out yet) that should fill your need for a PC like PRG experience on your PS2.

4. Tim Markley

Tim Markley Screenwriter

Sorry, but I don't think BG: Dark Alliance is what he's looking for. It sounds like he's looking for a real RPG, not an 'action' RPG like BG[​IMG]A. Unfortunately I don't have an answer for him either, but I don't think that BG[​IMG]A would satisfy him. It's a fun game if you're looking for something like Diablo but it's not a true RPG.