What's new

More info on Paradigm Monitor v3 (1 Viewer)

Gary_Sc

Agent
Bill Vandermarel, the US Director of Sales and Marketing is a special guest on AVS this week. I asked him what was changed in the new Monitor v3 and how it compared to the Studio line. Here is his reply:

"Hi Gary,
Changes to the Monitor Series v.3 include and new high frequency driver. It still uses our pure-titanium dome but has a new phase plug, similar in design to what we use in our Reference products, and a modified waveguide. These changes provide more uniform on- and off-axis high-frequency response. All models with bass drivers have become 2-1/2 designs. This means that the bass driver rolls off at around 400Hz (can vary by model) resulting in even cleaner and clearer midrange response. The dust cap on bass/midrange drivers has been changed to a new “bullet” shape for improved response. And the magnet size on the bass and bass/midrange drivers has also been increased on various models to provide higher sensitivity and power handling.

While the Monitor Series v.3 has undergone significant improvement and its sound is truly exceptional, it is still not up to the level offered by the Studio Series v.2. The greatest impetus to improve the Monitor Series was actually the recent introduction of certain new Performance Series v.3 models, notably the Focus, Phantom and Legend. With the introduction of the Focus and the major improvements incorporated in the Phantom and Legend, their performance was bumping up against that of the Monitor Series. The new Monitor Series v.3 solves this problem, now providing a clear step up -- and they really do sound great! We encourage everyone to go and have a listen at their local Paradigm dealer.

Bill VanderMarel
US Director of Sales & Marketing
Paradigm/AudioStream "

I hopeI didn't break any rules on either forum by posting this but I know there are alot of Paradigm users/fans here.

Gary

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

John Dunlap

Stunt Coordinator
I can confirm the comment about the larger magnets. These speakers weigh a ton!! I just brought home the v3 Monitor 11 and CC-370. So far these babies sound sweet and they're not even close to broken in yet.

I am particularly impressed with the Center. Crystal clear dialog!!

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
Based on the chat so far it seem that there are no immediate plans to alter or replace the v.2 Studio line. The Studio active line was discontinued due to poor demand. Also the 'Servo-25' is at least 10 months away (if not more).

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
That sounds spot-on with respect to my findings while listening to the V3s. Almost makes me want to sell my V2s and get a pair of V3s... There is almost no difference between the V2 and V3 Titans, while with the Minis it was more noticable, especially the clarity of the lower midrange.

Dan V.

Auditioning
I'll also confirm these findings. I'm presently busting my head trying to chose between the Monitor 7 or 11. I've sound-tested them well over an hour now and still can't make up my mind. The Monitor 7 is definely crisper and cleaner than the 11, but suffers slightly from "boxiness". The Monitor 11's however offer a heck of a lot more presence and bass - maybe even a bit too much. They were reverbing til I took them out of their nook at the store after I realized they were rear-ported.
Problem is, the sevens were v.3, and the elevens were v.2. Dooohhhhh!!!

james e m

Second Unit
I have a feeling that they are going to upgrading the performance :) and the price :frowning: of the Studio line. Reading between the lines of his posts, I'm sensing that they want to get rid of their Studio v2 stock before any announcement is made about the newer studio line.
James

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks