What's new

More DVDs in Cereal Boxes! (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I've been meaning to mention this for days, and kept forgetting about it. I'm surprised noone else brought it up, but if they did and I missed it, I apologize.

The cereal boxes that Kellogg's and Disney collaborate on, Mickey's Magix, Hunney B's (Pooh), and the Buzz Lightyear one (whatever it's called), all have some DVDs in them right now.

...And I think the other Read-Along DVD's were Monsters, Inc. and perhaps Beauty and the Beast. THESE ARE NOT THE FULL MOVIES, *JUST* "READ-ALONG BOOKS" AIMED AT SMALL KIDS LEARNING TO READ!

Obviously, just like the Columbia stuff from General Mills, this is DVD-in-an-envelope, and no keepcase is provided. Although you really can't tell, since - unlike the GM items - the disc isn't visible from the outside of the box.

I haven't bothered to get these yet, as we still have plenty of cereal from last time! :D Also, for not too much more money ($10 or less usually), you can get these with the keepcase.

But, for those interested, I wanted to pass it on!

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
I got the Monsters Inc and Toy Story 2 ones (the other one available is Lilo and Stitch)- the most interesting thing about them is you can play the story in 5 languages including Italian and German, and there's a few trailers too. The thing that sucks is there's nothing to speak of to store the discs in- they're shrinkwrapped on a flat piece of cardboard so you have to provide a storage device.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Hey, know what else? The trailers seem to be in multiple languages too, and there's even an ad for Disneyland Paris. Seems like these were made for the European market (the English voices seem to have British accents).

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Jesse, as long as I have your "undivided attention" for a moment (since noone else is speaking in this thread! :D ), can I ask you a question? Off topic?

Where does your sig come from, and what's "F.V.B." mean? It's been driving me nuts for months! :eek:

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
It's from the movie "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band", starring Peter Frampton & the Bee Gees. It's a 'directive' that the evil computer sends out- makes a lot more sense if you've seen the movie. I added it since I broke down and got the old pan-and-scan laserdisc to hopefully inspire someone in charge to put out a DVD release!
If I get bored I might change it to some other obscure movie reference and see how long it takes someone to get it.

Roberto Carlo

Second Unit
Since "Mickey's Magix" are my son's favorite cereal, we got a lot of those free DVD's. They seemed to come in waves: first, we got like 4 "Monsters Inc." ones in a row. Now, we're in the midst of a "Lilo & Stitch" string. I'm tempted to look inside the box at the supermarket, but I wouldn't someone else to do that to me -- that darn Golden Rule! -- so it's DVD pot luck at our house.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
So Roberto, it's not the one pictured on the box? I saw different copies of the same cereal with different pic of the different DVD titles on the cover, so I assumed it depicted which one you would get inside. Was I wrong?

Jesse, thanks for the explanation. Still, what's F.V.B mean?

Jon Bell

Stunt Coordinator
If anyone is interested in trading, please let me know. My son is dying for the Treasure Planet disc, I could trade a Toy Story 2 disc for it.

Roberto Carlo

Second Unit
So Roberto, it's not the one pictured on the box? I saw different copies of the same cereal with different pic of the different DVD titles on the cover, so I assumed it depicted which one you would get inside. Was I wrong?
Sorry it took so long to respond. There is no correlation that I can discern between what's pictured on the box and what's inside.

Dah-Dee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
I think F.V.B. means "Future Villain Band." Do I win a Toy Story read-along DVD?:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks