What's new

More $5 coupon offers on Best Buy preorders (1 Viewer)

Phil Tomaskovic

Supporting Actor
Get a $5 digital coupon when you pre-order:

Minority Report — final week!

My Big Fat Greek Wedding

One Hour Photo

Sweet Home Alabama

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
As best as I can tell these are $5 coupons for future orders, not $5 of these orders. Is that right?

Luke Foust

Stunt Coordinator
When I view these items on Best Buy's website, there is no mention of this discount. If I remember correctly, when I purchased Austin Powers it mentioned it on the product page. Is there a seperate page on their website that list these deals?

Luke Foust

Stunt Coordinator
When I view these items on Best Buy's website, there is no mention of this discount. If I remember correctly, when I purchased Austin Powers it mentioned it on the product page. Is there a seperate page on their website that lists these deals?

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Here is the link I always use for the $5 Digital Coupons:
http://www.bestbuy.com/movies/default.asp?m=270
The $5 Digital Coupon is indeed off a FUTURE ORDER at BestBuy.com
You will usually get the $5 Digital Coupon via email a few days after you receive your initial order.
So, if you ordered MINORITY REPORT today you would receive the DVD a few days after it's release...and then a couple days later you will get the $5 digital coupon via email.
Beware: The $5 digital coupons do have an expiration date. Usually 2-3 weeks after you receive it.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Now that Best Buy is charging for shipping on DVDs these $5 coupons aren't worth a whole lot, unfortunately. Once you add in the "order charge", shipping and tax, the value of the coupon is substantially reduced. For example, I just went through the ordering process for a copy of Stuart Little 2:
Disc: $19.99
Order Charge: $1.99
Shipping: $.99
Tax: $1.32
------
Total: $24.29
With a $5 coupon the total is reduced to $19.29 for a whopping savings of $2.02 over a purchase at one of their B&M stores. In addition, with their slow standard shipping there's no telling when you'll receive the product, but it's unlikely to arrive on street date. No thanks Best Buy, there are better deals to be had online.

Adrian_S

Second Unit
I'm not pre-ordering any more DVD's from Bestbuy.com. I will just visit the store and price match as before. It's not worth the hassle for the minuscule amount of savings.

Pete_S

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Pete Schlotter
Today I used my $5 digital coupon from Goldmember to order Minority Report (showed up at $15.99 in my cart, looks like that'll be their price in-store come Tuesday). Instead of closing the BizRate.com popup as I usually do, I took the opportunity to answer the survey and voice my disgust with these recent changes:

After enjoying several months of free shipping on all orders, BestBuy.com is now charging for shipping on DVDs... and then some! Not only do I have to pay to get my movie shipped, I also have to pay some bogus "order charge!" So this is how BestBuy.com sticks it to their customers right before the holidays. If I hadn't had a coupon to offset the charges, I wouldn't have placed the order at all.
If you still have a $5 coupon you were planning on using, I encourage you all to do the same.

John Chow

Second Unit
Just use the $5 coupon on a gift card and buy the item in store. I don't think you are supposed to, but I know it works since I've done it once :p)

Phil Tomaskovic

Supporting Actor
I said the same thing in my bizrate report. I also got Minority Report, Greek Wedding, and Sweet Home Alabama and had the $5 coupon from Goldmember so that covered all the fees. Now that's 3 more coupons. Oh well, even if I just buy a single cd (that's on sale of course...), you can say that's $2 off. ($5 - $2 order charge - $1 shipping). That's probably the most efficient use of the coupon if you just want to use them up.

Mitch Stevens

Supporting Actor
Has anyone received their $5.00 coupon for ordering Minority Report? I still have not, and am thinking that the won't send it to me.

Phil Tomaskovic

Supporting Actor
Got mine this morning too for Minority Report. I will use it to buy one sale item and consider it a $2 off coupon after paying the shipping and order charges.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.