What's new

Moratorium announced for many Fox VHS and LD titles...plus Alien Legacy DVD box set! (1 Viewer)

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Never said they were. Disney's HK film releases are dub and most if not all are cut. That's what I was refering to. I'd hope they learned after that hoopla over Mononoke, but you never know.
Disney learned nothing. Tokuma Shoten however did. "Never trust the House of the Mouse to do what is in your best customer's wants"

JJR512

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Justin J. Rebbert
Looking over that article, I'm wondering if Wings ever was/still is available on DVD?

Also, hope this doesn't make me look too stupid, but is it still even possible to buy new laserdiscs in this country (USA), and if so, where?

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Sunrise, which picked up Oscars for best actress, cinematography and a statue for best picture in the one-time category called Unique and Artistic Production at the first Academy Awards in 1929, will be offered free by mail to consumers who purchase three other titles in the Fox Studio Classics line.
Okay, what the hell does this mean?

Sunrise on DVD? Sunrise RESTORED or in some rather nice sort of DVD edition?

And will it also be available for sale, or can you ONLY get it as part of the free offer.

And on a side note, since the article mentions Wings, when can we get that one? Oscar winners shouldn't be so tough to get on DVD.

Eric_R_C

Second Unit
but is it still even possible to buy new laserdiscs in this country
Heck yes, JustinR. They are all over E-bay. You can't sneeze without knocking some down.

I should know - I'm expecting my Sony MDP-333 and THX laserdisc of Star Wars sometime early next week (gotta have the OT, ya know.) I already have a sealed copy, and eventually hope to have a sealed and playable version of Empire and Jedi as well.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
• With Crawdaddy's tantalizing posts in mind, it can be said for sure that The Day the Earth Stood Still will be part of a special series of DVD releases next year.

• Um, I have Gentleman's Agreement on DVD.

JJR512

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Justin J. Rebbert
Heck yes, JustinR. They are all over E-bay. You can't sneeze without knocking some down.
Umm...Sorry, guess I wasn't specific enough. :D I meant is it still possible to buy new LDs in a store or retail establishment, or even through an online store...not by auction from private parties.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
I think Wings is still controlled by Paramount; they're aware of demand for it but who knows when we'll actually see it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks