What's new

Monster Garage! (1 Viewer)

Max Knight

Supporting Actor
Anyone else love this show? It's like Junkyard Wars with more attitude and tattoos! I saw two episodes this week, and thought it was a blast.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Jim Ed

Agent
I saw two episodes last night also. It was great. I am going to set-up a season pass on TiVo for it. Mowing at 50 mph, gotta love that.

Mike boettner

Stunt Coordinator
mowing the lawn, 50 mph, AND shooting flames!!!! That Jesse James kicks ass!!!!! now if I can win the lotto, so he can build me a bike!!
Mike

Michael*K

Screenwriter
That guy's nuts. Discovery Channel seems to have adopted him as their designated celebrity.

Butch C

Second Unit
I was just going to start this thread! This show rocks even though I dont believe for a second that the VW beat the boat...its kinda silly at the end but alot of fun along the way

Max Knight

Supporting Actor
I liked the limo/firetruck the best so far. The mustang lawn mower was cool, but you could totally tell that the door blades weren't doing anything.
Jesse does build nice bikes. Check out his website, West Coast Choppers . You may not want to look at work, as a topless woman sometimes appears in what would otherwise be rather innocuous pictures!

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
Oh man, so the limo/firetruck wasn't new? Still awesome to see for the first time.

Nick_Scott

Second Unit
I agree- Great show.

Anyone remember the British show that TLC played last year that was exactly like Monster Garage, except it had 2 teams?
I hated the british version because they only spent a few minutes showing the mechanics, and spent most of the show on the competition. Plus, the beginning had this silly competition to earn 'extra' money....
Unlike Monster Garage, where 90% is mechanics.

What was that show called anyway?

nick

MikeM

Screenwriter
This show is GREAT. I love it!

My personal favorite is the School Bus that they turned into a pontoon boat! That was so cool. Completely looked stock to me, and the way it opened to display the pontoons was really inventive.

The unsung hero in that show is Don Pruit (I think that's his name). He's the guy at the end who does the custom paint jobs on the final product. His paint job on the PT Cruiser was pretty amazing. I just wish after the car is painted and completed that they do a few slow full shots of the car to admire his work.

All in all, one of my favorite shows on TV. Great stuff!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks