What's new

Modulating with TIVO? (1 Viewer)

Aaron H

Supporting Actor
Anyone here running a Tivo thru a modulator? I guess my basic question is how do you get 2 outputs on the TIVO to be active at the same time? I assuming that when you select the output to be used in the Tivo setup, that's the only one active? Or am I wrong?

I have the s-vid outs on the tivo going to the TV. I assume I either need the composite or coax out of the tivo to also be active so they can go to the modulator. Is this possible? How are others doing this?

Thanks, Aaron

Aaron H

Supporting Actor
Jason,

Well, that easily solves the problem. Do you happen to know why setup has you choose the output that you are using? Just curious?

Thanks!
Aaron

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
With DirecTivo, there is no setup section to activate outputs. They are all on. I don't have the stand alone model but I do spend a lot of time at the Tivo Community and I have never head of a menu setting to turn on/off any of the outputs.

-Robert

Aaron H

Supporting Actor
Yes, sorry, I was referring to the stand-alone Tivo. I'm like 99% sure that when you are going thru setup, it has you choose (even with a nice drawing included) which outputs you are using.

I guess testing the fact that all outputs are on should be easy enough - I just need to find some extra cables.

Thanks for the info!
Aaron

GordonL

Supporting Actor
All the outputs are always on - it's the inputs that you're specifying during setup.

Aaron H

Supporting Actor
Gordon, dang, you're right. Sorry about that. And thanks for clearing it up for me!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks