What's new

mitsubishi wd65731 vs jvc61g887 (1 Viewer)

Steve Hill

Agent
i'm debating between these two tvs. tell which one i should get and why? the 4 inch differance doesn't matter to me. thanks

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
The Mits is a dlp, with spinning color wheel and small potential for rainbow effects. It is also 1080p. The JVC is LCOS, 3 chip design with no spinning color wheel but is 720p which at that screen size is not going to be as good as 1080p. A third choice might be the Sony KDS60A2000 60" 1080p SXRD, another LCOS set currently priced well below the other two at least thru Friday the 25th at Sears and a few other stores.

Of the 3 the Mits will have the worst contrast ratio and hence less detail in dark areas of the picture, the Sony the best.

Alex/d

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Alex
I have the 57732 and before I got it, we saw it at Best Buy (but it was the 57731). Trust me, get the 732 series. It is truely a beautiful TV, it has one of the best if not, the best analog and digital antenna tuner, as well as excellent picture quality. I haven't been able to see RBE or silk screen yet, and all the feeds I get in HD over air are nothing short of stunning. The only other TV I was comparing this to the other day was Pioneer's new 50" Elite for $8000.

But then again, just shop around. Buy what you like.
Also note the 731 has 2 component inputs, whereas the 732 has 3.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks