What's new
World Wide Stereo

Mitsu NetCommand & PS3 (1 Viewer)

leodavinci

Auditioning
Real Name
Jon
Here's the situation: We have a 2006 Mitsubishi WD-62725 DLP HD TV and I'm trying to connect a PS3 to it via HDMI. I had thought that this hookup would be a no-brainer. After all it's a HDMI to HDMI connection, and my TV has the NetCommand interface. Just add a device (in this case a game system) to the menu and you're good.

But noooo.

For about 40 mintues I played with NetCommand trying to configure and set up a device that would display the PS3. Nada.

Finally gave up and called Mitsu customer service and waited...and waited...and waited. When I got someone (a young, I presume, Indian lass, I also presume from her slight accent), we had to go thru the whole rigamrole about who I was and what TV I had, etc., etc. Then we spent several minutes going thru exactly the same NetCommand device setups I had done on my own.

No luck this time, either.

After about 30 minutes of this she realizes this isn't working and informed me she would put me on hold to pass me along to their second tier of customer service. And I waited and waited.

After about 15 minutes, I used their automated phone system to leave my phone number for a call back. Supposedly I won't lose my place in the que, but I kind of doubt it since it has been about 24 hours since then.

It could be the PS3. It does work as we had it connected to this TV via the A/V connectors on the front of the TV.

It could be the NetCommand interface doesn't recognize adding a game device via the HDMI connection.

It could be that our TV is not HDCP compliant, although it is a 2006 model we've had since late 2005. I was under the impression that HDMI meant something was HDCP compliant. I'm not sure now because the PS3 manual has a note that the PS3 won't work with non-HDCP compliant devices connected via HDMI. Huh?

So here I am.

Any thoughts, suggestions, recommendations?

Many thanks in advance.

ToEhrIsHuman

Second Unit
Real Name
Craig Ehr
Perhaps this is an inane question, but have you hooked your PS3 up via HDMI to any device yet (and had it work correctly)? I ask this because if you have not set your PS3 to output via HDMI it won't. You have to use your PS3 A/V cables first (in 480i) and then set your PS3 to output (in the desired resolution, et al) via HDMI from within the menu system. The PS3 is not factory-set to output HDMI straight out of the box.

Jason Adams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roger Jason Adams

Thats not true...well for me at least. I plugged it in to my HDMI first time hookup and everything and everything appeared on my screen as normal.

AmigaDude

Auditioning
Real Name
George
Most of the Netcommand options are useless, since the PS3 does not have an IR interface, so it really does not matter what type of device is selected. I have a slightly older 65515 and think I used Sony DVD as the type for Audio and Video. Then, as Craig noted above, I needed to "tell" the PS3 to start pumping out HDMI streams.

I just used the included composite connection long enough to do the switch, but from I understand you can also connect the HDMI cable, turn on the TV, and hold down the power button for 5 seconds on the PS3. This should turn it on, and have it auto-scan and locate your HDMI compliant TV.

leodavinci

Auditioning
Real Name
Jon
I just wanted to let everyone know that I did get the PS3 to output properly via HDMI.

AmigaDude's suggestion was what it took. FWIW, I had posted my problem at a HD forum at a DVD site and got essentially the same suggestion, so I figured it was probably the best thing to try.

Thanks for the help.

BTW, Mitsu never did get back to me.

Another FWIW, I don't have any BR discs (yet) so I couldn't check the HD output, but the one game our son has for it and two regular DVDs looked terrific. Can't wait to get a BR disc in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
malcolmfsims
Recent bookmarks
SVS Outlet Sale