What's new

Mits WS-55311 HELP! (1 Viewer)

JamesMart

Agent
Well, I just bought a new Mits WS-55311. Took delivery on it yesterday, and got the basics configured with AVIA.... However a major issue that is really bugging me is that the 4:3 image is way off! The black bars on the left are twice the size of the black bars on the right. Also, when I put it in advanced convergence I notice the pin cushion of the set is off. And finally, in the lower left of the screen there is basically a vertical speed bump that shows up on one of the convergence lines. Does anyone have any clue as to how to get into the service menus on these new TVs. I have looked everywhere and cant find any of the codes. Can anyone give advice on how I can get these issues fixed. I plan on having the TV ISF'd in about 100 to 150 hours of use, but would like to take care of these issues now. Thanks for the help.

~Jim

Jim FC

Stunt Coordinator
Jim,
As you watch this TV over the next few weeks, you will see that the 4:3 image shifts position within the 16:9 frame. The image on your TV will start to shift to the left, until eventually the bar on the right will be bigger... then it will start moving back to the right. It doesn't do this while you are watching it, only when you turn the TV on or off does the image shift position. Mitsu TVs do this intentionally, to minimize the chance of having a distinct line burnt-in on each side of the picture, where the gray bars stop and the picture starts. To eliminate this, simply don't watch the TV in 4:3 mode! You shoudn't do this much, anyway, so this is another reason not to. Find a stretch mode you like and get used to using that: it eliminates the uneven bars, and it's better for the TV, too!

Can't comment on the other two problems you've noted, but slight geometry problems aren't all that uncommon, on any TV. They may work themselves out as the TV breaks in, or they may get worse. I'd wait until you get the TV ISF'd, and make sure to show the tech the problems so he can address them. Hope this helps!

JamesMart

Agent
Thanks a bunch Jim! One thing though, I notice the picture being off even if say just the dvd screensaver comes up in 4:3 (not grey bars, but the black ones when set to standard view) it also is visible if I'm watching some 4:3 pictures like say the Eagles DVD. Should it do this even with these? I do watch regular TV in the "stretched" mode, seems to work best as long as there is not a lot of cammera pan.

Thanks,
Jim

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks