What's new

Mits RPTV Overscan... (1 Viewer)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I've been searching these threads to see how to get the service menu on my Mits RPTV, but all the responses tell you to get the info on Hometheaterspot.com. They are charging a fee to get that info. Can I get it someplace else for free? I just need to fix my overscan.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
I am sorry to hear that your fellow/sister HTF members are directing you to another site in order to obtain information our own members have. Be persistent, and surely a Mitsu owner here will provide the service-menu codes.

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

Tell us which model of set you have and we will see what we have for codes ...

Regards

Jerry Klawiter

Screenwriter
You may want to try these:
ACCESS CODES FOR MITS using the remote:
All 2002 models xx908 series, NOT the Diamond line.
MENU + 0 1 5 7
Menu + 0 1 5 9
2002 Diamond line V.17 chassis xx809
Menu + 8 2 5 7 for the service menu
Menu + 8 2 5 9 for the convergence and geometry part of the alignment menu

Older mit's models
It's Menu + 1 2 5 7 for the Service Menu
Or Menu + 1 3 7 0
Or Menu + 8 2 5 7
Be very careful in here.
NEVER USE THE RESET OPTION.
THIS WILL EVEN RESET THE FACTORY SETTINGS PRIOR TO FACTORY CALIBRATION. (IT WILL SCREW UP YOUR TV REAL BAD)
Keep in mind that the CANCEL key is an undo key, and will revert the setting back to previous settings at any time before the enter key has been pressed.
Enter + menu should get you out of the service mode.
I would suggest strongly maybe you should pay the small fee to get all the caution instructions, or purchase a service manual.
Do yourself a favor, Get a camcorder out prior to the start
focus onto the mit's screen, This will help you undo anything that goes wrong, (video of the default settings on tape)
Good luck
Jerry

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the codes Jerry. I was able to get into the service menu with 8257 and 8259. There were a lot of choices, but nothing on 'Overscan'. I was able to stretch the picture, skew it, tilt it, etc. but that was it.

Where can I purchase a service manual? I didn't see any info on the Mits web site.

Hugo

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Mark, that is what overscan is. You're supposed to fix it with the choices you mentioned above (stretch, Hwidth, Vwidth, etc). You need the AVIA or VE disc to be able to set your overscan correctly.

Tommy Ceez

Second Unit
WRITE DOWN ALL YOUR SETTINGS BEFORE YOU START!!!!
This ones easy to screw up.

xx59 menu
cg HSTA - centering
cg HWID - Hor. Width
cg TBPC - top/bottom pincussion
cg VSTA - Vert. center

Get the service manual but I would have to say that the paid tweaks at the other site provides more information including detailed descriptions of all service menu abbreviations (I would STRONGLY suggest you do not touch anything in the service menu until you have read all about it. What I have above is from memory). I will have to go home into my Mits to see what the hell the rest of them were. There seems to be obvious ones missing from my above list.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I finally broke down last night and paid for the tweaks section on that other site :frowning: I did right down all the settings before I played with it as well.

The big reason for wanting to do this is because the left side of my screen seems to be cut off more than the right.

Example...This is a photograph of my tv playing "Kung Pow", notice the credits get (on the left) get cut off:
Kung Pow - Credits get cut off
Also, my tv isn't in any sort of zoom or stretched mode.

I just wanted to move the image over to the right, or shrink the image to fit the text in. I was able to shrink the screen horizontally (which fit the text in), but the left side of the screen got all warped...

Oh well, maybe I won't go playing around and leave things the way they are.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks