What's new

Paramount+ Mission: Impossible 7 and A Quiet Place 2 to Debut on Paramount Plus After 45 Days in Theaters (1 Viewer)

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Call me cynical but that doesn’t seem like a big deal to me. Films like these in normal times have all but finished their box office runs after two weekends.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
Don't forget you have 1 week left to take advantage of the Paramount+ $29.99 a year offer. That's only $2.49 a month...

(the ad-free option is available for $49.99/yr)

Last edited:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
At least Paramount is giving the theaters a chance.

Call me cynical but that doesn’t seem like a big deal to me. Films like these in normal times have all but finished their box office runs after two weekends.
Agreed. This seems like a good compromise between theatrical and streaming. Though theaters should be looking for a more equitable split at the box office for those first weeks than was being offered by some studios.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I think the deal that Universal made is the best for balancing the desires of all parties. First two weekends are theatrically only, then it gets added to PVOD at $20 a rental, and then eventually goes through the regular home media release cycle. The HBO Max plan of day and date at no extra charge is wonderful for me as the consumer but I understand why everyone isn’t a fan of that, even though I disagree with most of the reasoning against it. But I think the Universal plan is the best acknowledgement of the reality that most movies most of the time are over at the box office after a couple weeks.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr

This ^ seems to be the case for almost everything that is not Star Wars.

I haven't been to theaters in ages, but I do live near one where I pass by it every time I go grocery shopping. Other than maybe Star Wars franchise films, I rarely ever see the listed movies (on the multiplex's front window) which stay listed for more than 3 or 4 weeks.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
It’s worth noting the $29.99 price point is for the version with ads. It’s more for the commercial-free version that also offers 4K/Dolby for select titles.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
Can this be added to an existing subscription?

The only way I could figure out how to do it was to cancel my existing subscription then resubscribe using the coupon code. Not ideal but relatively painless considering the savings.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
It’s worth noting the $29.99 price point is for the version with ads. It’s more for the commercial-free version that also offers 4K/Dolby for select titles.
Is there a deal for the ad free version?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks