What's new

Missing parameters (1 Viewer)

Shawn Solar

Supporting Actor
I have a friend that, after hearing about my atempt at DIY, wants to do something similar. He has 8 15" HX2 rockford fosgate 15's and wants to take 4 of them for a project. Problem is I don't have complete parameters for the woofer here is what I got:
rockford HX2 15"
fs 22hz
vas 4.45cuft(126L)
x-max 19mm
Pe 1000watts
voicecoil 2@2ohms

This is all I have for this woofer. any help. I figured just looking at the parameters something in the niegbourhood of 4-5cuft ported tuned to 20hz or so. He already has these subs I told him to use 2 at the most and sell off the other two. I also can't see him needing more then 500watts as it has a similar x-max as a shiva or tempest, which would also best this $500 15" woofer. Kind of sad really these woofers weigh 40lbs and look pretty cool.

Shawn Solar

Supporting Actor
Thanks. Those are where I got my parameters from. For unibox, though there are quite a few missing. I don't know how to calculate them myself. I should of added that these are going to be for home use.

As for Anthony's link it sounds viable but I'd then have to invest in a digital VOM. I do however have an anaog one. I am pretty sure based on the parameters I do have and Rockfords recomendation a 5cuft box tuned to 20hz should be alright. Though I am unsure on max power and spl it should perform pretty similar to a tempest in a smaller box and a little less low end.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks