What's new

Miramax and ZU WARRIORS : CUT and Dubbed (1 Viewer)

Matthew Brown

Supporting Actor
If anybody is interested in the DVD if ZU WARRIORS, you may want to try to get it now. Miramax has just test screened this movie and they cut it up by about 20 minutes and dubbed it in English as well as changed the score.
Here is a forum thread with more details Link Removed .
With all the talk of OAR, I would think that this should upset people even more. Miramax feels we are too "stupid" to watch a movie the way the director intended.
Matt

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Boy, what a shocker. Miramax dubbing and butchering a Hong Kong film for no reason.

Sigh

I really wish DDDHouse would get it back in stock!

Matthew Brown

Supporting Actor
Jeff -

I just got an e-mail from Johnny at DDDHOUSE. It looks like it's getting pressed again very soon from Mei Ah.

Matt

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I knew Mei Ah was doing the new pressings, but they were supposed to be out a month ago :)
I'll be watching the site like a hawk

Chris Xolotl

Second Unit
uh..

uh..

It will be the same as the Chinastar release right?

Mei Ah just has the rights? They aren't pressing it the Mei-Ah way are they?

uh..

uh..

Wouter Heyse

Agent
The movie HKL is about to release is Zu: Warriors From The Magic Mountain (original English Hong kong title, also known as Zu Warriors). The movie Disney has just butchered is the sequel to that movie, Legend Of Zu (original English hong Kong title, now confusingly renamed to Zu Warriors by Disney). I assume that HKL will never be able to get their hands on this movie, much like they can't with Drunken Master 2 and Fist Of Legend.

John P Grosskopf

Second Unit
Spent a boatload last week buying all the HK titles I could find that are now in Disney's blood-stained hands before the original versions are pushed off into obscurity and not available in the US.

THe finger to Disney, their family, and their pets too!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks