What's new

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
On June 20, 2019, Mill Creek Entertainment sent out the following Press Release:
Emerging from the over-saturated subscription-based streaming marketplace, leading independent home entertainment distributor, Mill Creek Entertainment, is pleased to announce the launch of transaction-based streaming service movieSPREE. This new streaming alternative gives movie buffs and cord-cutters an exciting new destination to build a digital library. With apps now available on Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, and Android devices, movieSPREE is available without long-term contracts, subscription fees or advertisements.
movieSPREE has a robust assortment of bingeworthy film and TV bundles, genre-based collections and specially curated compilations including Lonesome Dove, The 10th Kingdom, The Kids in the Hall, Documentary Now!, Benji, Gone in 60 Seconds and over 2500 hours of entertainment. movieSPREE offers a whole new way to build a digital content library...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
There's a few good things on here, but as it's purchased rather than rented, what are the chances of this eventually being discontinued? Hoping I can at least watch the movies I haven't seen out of the 100 free ones before that happens.

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
I may sign up to take a look at the free 100 but, I’ll never purchase anything from this site. There have been larger digital stores go under so no way I trust a small independent storefront. If they were to join MA, maybe, but I doubt that ever happens.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
I may sign up to take a look at the free 100 but, I’ll never purchase anything from this site. There have been larger digital stores go under so no way I trust a small independent storefront. If they were to join MA, maybe, but I doubt that ever happens.
You don't have to sign up to view those. I just watched a bit of THE LUCKY DOG starring Stan Laurel, featuring Oliver Hardy without signing up.

Mill Creek's 'movie Spree' reminds me a bit of Netflix's setup, but that might be just because I'm not that familiar with streaming options, in general.

CHEERS! :)

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Netflix had a lot more public-domain and B movies when they started out. Saw that MovieSpree does have a few things to watch for free and with no commercials, I guess just to attract people to it and spend money there later. But I'm still out the movie I got from Target Ticket...

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Netflix had a lot more public-domain and B movies when they started out. Saw that MovieSpree does have a few things to watch for free and with no commercials, I guess just to attract people to it and spend money there later. But I'm still out the movie I got from Target Ticket...
Same here, but with CinemaNow, which essentially inherited TargetTicket's customers (as well as Barnes & Noble's Nook).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks