Michael_TLV: Please help with RED PUSH!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Michael_V, Jun 2, 2002.

1. Michael_V

Michael_V Second Unit

Picked up the new 48 inch JVC HDTV the other day and found it had a huge red push. I want to keep this thing but cannot live with inaccurate colorimetry. Movers come tomorrow to pack my stuff up for a move to Japan, so I need to know very soon whether this problem is correctable, otherwise it has to go back to Best Buy! Can you help me, Obi Wan, you're my only hope. . . .

2. Michael TLV

Michael TLV THX Video Instructor/Calibrator

Michael Chen
    Greetings

In the regular JVC tube sets, there are parameters such as B-Y. ... G-Y ... R-Y ... these were colour decoder items.

Get into the service menu and look for these things.

I have not had a chance to look at the set yet. The two opportunities did not work out as people stole the remotes from the display in both stores.

Regards

3. Michael_V

Michael_V Second Unit

Thanks for the quick reply!

I did get into the service menu (same as the old JVCs), but found they have coded EVERYTHING: A1, A2, A3 and so on, so I cannot even begin to guess which of the 200+ items will adjust color decoding.

If only I could get ahold of a service manual explaining these codes. . . .

4. Brent Joye

Brent Joye Agent

Michael_V, I noticed the red push you mentioned too. After I read your post on the JVC from the other thread I went back to BB. They showed a video of Sheryl Crow wearing a leather jacket. On all the surrounding sets, she was wearing a TAN leather jacket, but on the JVC, it was a RED leather jacket. I don't know anything about service menus so I couldn't try that.