What's new

Michael_TLV: Please help with RED PUSH! (1 Viewer)

Michael_V

Second Unit
Picked up the new 48 inch JVC HDTV the other day and found it had a huge red push. I want to keep this thing but cannot live with inaccurate colorimetry. Movers come tomorrow to pack my stuff up for a move to Japan, so I need to know very soon whether this problem is correctable, otherwise it has to go back to Best Buy! Can you help me, Obi Wan, you're my only hope. . . .

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

In the regular JVC tube sets, there are parameters such as B-Y. ... G-Y ... R-Y ... these were colour decoder items.

Get into the service menu and look for these things.

I have not had a chance to look at the set yet. The two opportunities did not work out as people stole the remotes from the display in both stores.

Regards

Michael_V

Second Unit
Thanks for the quick reply!

I did get into the service menu (same as the old JVCs), but found they have coded EVERYTHING: A1, A2, A3 and so on, so I cannot even begin to guess which of the 200+ items will adjust color decoding.

If only I could get ahold of a service manual explaining these codes. . . .

Brent Joye

Agent
Michael_V, I noticed the red push you mentioned too. After I read your post on the JVC from the other thread I went back to BB. They showed a video of Sheryl Crow wearing a leather jacket. On all the surrounding sets, she was wearing a TAN leather jacket, but on the JVC, it was a RED leather jacket. I don't know anything about service menus so I couldn't try that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks