What's new

Meyer's Dark Rum and....?? (1 Viewer)

WarrenL

Stunt Coordinator
None of these ideas are too much trouble...it'll take a while but I'll try them all!!
Thanks

Jeff_CusBlues

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff
I like Meyers Dark, but lately my wife and I have really gotten into Cruzan Vanilla Rum and Coke. It's simple and tastes very good. As vanilla rums go, the Cruzan has a much better vanilla than others I've tried.

CharlesD

Screenwriter

I like dark & stromys too, usually I only drink them in Bermuda where the ingredients are easy to find.

Gosling's Black Seal Rum (Their slogan is "Unavailable Almost Everywhere" but I can often find it in my local liquor store, so its not that unavailable.)
and
Barrits Bermuda Ginger Beer

Depending on the ratio between rum and ginger beer the Dark & Stormy can range from "slightly cloudy" to "Category 5".

Matt Stryker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt
I know that mojitos are traditionally a light rum drink, but I have had a few down here that have been spectacular made with either gold or anejo Havana Club (Cuban Rum). Anyone have a good mojito recipe as well?

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Where is down here Matt? We have a vast selection of Cuban rum available here (not just Havana Club and some are quite good.

BTW, as anyone else tried (Pampero) Anniversario? It is from Venezuela and really quite good.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Make a Moito very much like a Mint Julep. Begin crushing a couple of sprigs of mint in 2 teaspoons of sugar (superfine or powered works best) and a couple of tablespoons of lemon juice (fresh if you want to go to the trouble in a tall glass (highball). Stir in a jigger of (light) rum. Fill the glass with ice cubes (crushed ice is even better). Fill with seltzer or club soda. Top off with a garnish of a lemon slice and a mint sprig.

WarrenL

Stunt Coordinator
I never realized there were so many different rums, I'll have to look for shot bottles!.

Matt Stryker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt
I'm in Puebla, Mexico - it used to show it on the sidebar, but ever since the forums got updated that stuff disappeared (I just updated it again). I'm headed to get some mint tommorrow from the grocery store, will let you know how it turns out.

Flor de Cana Anejo(Nicaragua) is probably my favorite US-available rum, great stuff if you can find it in your local bottle shop.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks