What's new

Metroid Fusion is incredible! (1 Viewer)

Andre F

Screenwriter
I just got this game yesterday because I new I would have time to play it on the GBA. All I can say is WOW! This game is great and if you own the system you owe it to yourself to buy since it only only costs $30.00. I think I'm enjoying it more than Metroid Prime so far. Great game!

Calvin Watts III

Supporting Actor
This is one awesome game.
Pure gaming goodness at its old-school best.
I second the recommendation!
This is a must buy!
:D

Lee M T

Second Unit
I concur. In a few more months it will be even better, as I will be playing it on my TV. :)

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
I agree as well.

I just started playing it yesterday, and have been riping through it like I'm on a mission.

Up to area 6 already. Loving every minute of it.

Glen

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Lots of good GBA games lately. I actually prefer this over Metroid Prime.

-Dave

Shawn_S

Stunt Coordinator
I was telling my wife how much fun this game is. She says it must be since I took Yu-Gi-Oh out the GBA for Metroid :laugh: Great game that no GBA owner should miss out on :emoji_thumbsup:

Andre F

Screenwriter
Just thought I'd mention that is the most fun I've had with a game is years. I will be VERY sad when it's over...

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
:frowning:
Now hear me out her guys because I thought I wouldn't be the only one to mention this. I know the thrust of the thread has been for the most part positive and I really hate throwing a negative (even if its a small one) but its something I found made my time with Fusion a bit less enjoyable.
I disliked the Navigation terminals introduced in the game. They kind of took some of the token exploration elements that I enjoyed in the Metroid series out of the game and made it a bit too linear IMO.
Now don't misconstrue that as saying I disliked the game. I still enjoyed Fusion as it was, the story segments were nice with some very cool artwork and this definitely played like an excellent Metroid game but the Navigation Terminals were just a constant "HEY YOU, GO THERE NOW" sign that I wish would have been made more open to exploration (besides just finding the energy tanks and missle upgrades).
Its a great game with an awesome pick up and play quality. The length doesn't even bother me as I also beat it in about 5-6 hours but I would be lying if I didn't mention the above as a bit of a disappointment.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Romier-

Couldn't it be said that the idea of a Navigation Terminal would be very effective in a space station? So then couldn't it be said that their inclusion in the game is there because of the setting and not because of the gameplay?

BTW, I don't have the game...yet.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Couldn't it be said that the idea of a Navigation Terminal would be very effective in a space station? So then couldn't it be said that their inclusion in the game is there because of the setting and not because of the gameplay?
Morgan, Samus is always on a Space station, or an installation of some type. That girl gets around the universe:). Super Metroid would be the best to compare this too as Samus was also deep inside an installation that never required nav points. You entered and you were left to discover and explore your way through it. Much in the way that Prime does as well. I enjoyed this aspect of the series.
For me I just liked getting a general idea of where I needed to go. Fusion does this to an extent because you have to find door locks and power-ups but then you also have the main target right on the map with a big old "TARGET" above it. It kind of feels very "Point A to Point B" if you get my meaning.
Prime for instance handled this kind of implementation properly. You were given the transmission of where the main source of the problem was but you had to explore your way there and you never knew what you were going to find. It could be a power-up. It could be a boss encounter!
With Fusion, I can't say the same. They even go so far as to tell you what power-up your after beforehand and you know exactly when to expect a boss battle. I hope I'm helping you to understand what I mean.
The navigation points serve the story if thats what you mean. In doing so however it made the game feel very linear (as mentioned above)in structure and it held your hand throughout a bit too much. This is just me of course. Some may find this to be a good thing and thats great, I'm just stating my personal thoughts because this was a problem that lessened my enjoyment of the game.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I haven't played the game, but I'm hoping I will on the 25th. I understand what you're saying and can agree with you that it seems a little unbecoming of the series, but I'll see for myself eventually.

Andre F

Screenwriter
I see your point as well Romier however, for me this is a positive as I don't as much time wandering around doing nothing. Regardless, isn't is great to have a NEW 2D Metroid on any platform. :D

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Regardless, isn't is great to have a NEW 2D Metroid on any platform.
Oh definitely! Believe me my complaints above were not to say that I in some way hated or disliked the game at all. I simply disliked that portion of it is all.;)

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
This game is awesome! I've only played about an hour or two so far, and it's so much better than what I remember of Super Metroid.

~T

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I have every intention of getting this game with my gameboy player in June. I've given up on playing anything intensive on my GBA, and I've skipped the gbasp.

Brandon_S

Second Unit
I just finished this game last week and had a blast playing it. One of the few games recently that has kept me going until the very end. It is a bit short, but the quality of what is there in the game is amazing! Everyone should go out and grab a GBA SP and Metroid and experience 2D gaming at its finest.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks