What's new

Metallica Sue Canadian Band over E, F Chords (1 Viewer)

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
Why are you an idiot?

Is this a hoax? If not, I woild say it does rank up there as about the dumbest thing I have ever read.

Cripes, I play guitar, and actually have been known to bang out E and F power chords (hard to play AC/DC without them). Should I be worried?

Methinks this has to be phoney, but its a funny read.

BGL

Kirk Gunn

Screenwriter
Cool - I just learned a bunch of Metallica songs on the gee-tar. Just think how many other songs I'd know if I could figure out those pesky G, C and D chords. Then again, I don't have enough to pay my lawyer should I learn all of them....

Gui A

Supporting Actor
Don't feel bad, Ananova thought it was real too. They've since deleted their story though.

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter
I'm gonna copyright the G and A chords so Metallica won't be able to play a single song in their entire catalog :)

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
I'm gonna copyright the G and A chords so Metallica won't be able to play a single song in their entire catalog
Better also include alternate tunings. Many rock bands, Metallica included, tune down anywhere from 1/2 step to 1 1/2 steps. So for these guys, you need to make sure that you cover that as well.

Don't want these guys slipping by on a legal technicality!!

Of course, G and A would absolutely rip the nuts off most AC/DC songs since they tend to stay in standard tuning. Wouldn't want Angus to get pissed having to pay you royalties.

Highway to hell just wouldn't sound right if the opening chord were anything but A.

BGL

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks