What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

MERGED THREAD: New commercial-theater policies re small children. (1 Viewer)

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Sorry if I complicated things there, Jack.. I didn't see the other thread, so didn't realize it was a previously open discussion.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
I admit, I used to be the kid who yelled advice at characters. My parents pretty much broke of it aafter Honey I Shrunk the Kids., though.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I am going to have to agree to this new rule. I went and saw hulk many times in the theatre.. 4 of the 5 times was with crying babies and talking kids. I wrote to the two theatres where I had a problem and they sent me some free passes.. but they also said that they would look into the sitatution.. not sure if they will adopt the rule about the small children. I hope they take it under consideration. I never had this much serious problem watching a movie before, so it took me by surprise.

JACOB

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
*having just returned from a lousy, packed-to-the-brim-with-obnoxious-children showing of The Matrix: Reloaded, Ricardo continues his celebration dance over this new policy, and starts planning to relocate to Kansas City*

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
As Scott said, I never yelled in a theater or kicked anyone's seat. My parents raised me right.

The public at large should not have to suffer because modern parents have no child-rearing skills.

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
When you go on a spelunking excursion (that's cave exploration) that features particularly cramped passages, the tour guides sometimes have you spend a minute or so in a coffin-like box before the tour starts to make sure you aren't claustrophobic.

The theaters need the same thing. Set up a row of chairs and make the kids sit in them. If they keep their ass in the seat and their mouth shut for five minutes then they get to go into the theater. If they fidget and whine, then it's off to the gulag for them. :D

Brad

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
I can see new movies coming out with garbage thrown into them just to make them rated 'R'. They could even put it in after the ending credits. That would seem to be a bit easier, because..

Ok, I'm no way near to being an attorney, but just the other day I saw a news clip about a couple that checked into an inn with their toddler, and were promptly tossed out because they had a 'no persons under 14 policy.'

Needless to say, they left, but they are now suing the inn, as what the inn had on their contract was illegal.

It might also be easier to just enforce the curfew that most cities have for children, and if any showing should end anywhere close to that time, they won't be let in.

Glenn

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
Also, from the pictures I saw, it looks like a really nice place to see a movie. Anyone from here ever visited the place?
The Palace is great, and this wonderful development comes just in the nick of time, since my company is moving to downtown/midtown KC and I'm looking for an apartment closer to work. Now I have this to look forward to, as well... :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmoore9
Recent bookmarks