What's new

Merged Seinfeld DVD Thread (includes announcement discussion) (2 Viewers)

David Illingworth II

Second Unit
I am surprised that this cover art thing has turned so rancorous, but I guess that happens. I'm anxious for more news about the number of commentaries and outtake reels.

Marc Bax

Second Unit
How about you realize that no one is personally attacking you. After several people post the same complaint, mainly over a removable features sticker, one would hope that people would move on. Yes the cover isn't the best we understand this. This is my last post on the issue.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
If all three seasons are going to be released at once, is anyone like myself, going to have an all day Seinfeld-a-thon??

I don't care about cover art, your not watching the cover art, your watching the show, that you fell in love with.

its going to be so nice to see these commercial free and uncut.

LanieParker

Supporting Actor
The more I see those ads on tv for this set the more excited I become! I will definitely be purchasing on the release day!

This has got to be hands down ny favorite show ever!

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
How's about throwing in some interesting extras like these:

- a puffy shirt
- a loaf of marble rye
- the "Bro" aka "Mansierre"
- a Superman magnet or statue
- a bowl of soup (for those of you who don't get any bread with it, the marble rye will come in handy)
- a can of Beef-a-Reeno
- a genuine replica Keith Hernandez "magic loogie"
- a little black book with the names and numbers of all of Jerry's girlfriends on the series
- invitations to George and Susan's wedding complete with envelopes
- some Jujy Fruits
- a Pez container
- a small-scale replica of the now-classic painting "The Kramer"
- a package of elbow macaroni and a set of directions to make your very own Seinfeld macaroni man
- an issue of Cosmopolitan
- the latest issue of the J. Peterman catalog
- a personally signed letter from George Steinbrenner
- a birthday card signed by all of the New York Yankees
- a package of three hand-rolled Cuban stogies
- a genuine Friar's Club jacket
- feathers from Little Jerry Seinfeld
- two front-row tickets and backstage passes to "Rochelle, Rochelle: The Musical"

How's that for starters? :D

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Not to take the fire from Gord or David but they just posted the press release on their site.

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Michael_CPC

Agent
Personally I think the gift set should be thrown in for free, if you're willing to buy both seasons at once. Paying $20 for salt and pepper shakers, a script, and playing cards is kind of a waste, in my opinion.

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
The Gift Set :thumbsdown:

What does Salt and Pepper and Playing cards have to do with the show? The notes from Larry David are cool, but not worth $100.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Too bad Reuters got the price of the gift set wrong. I bet Columbia TriStar is a bit pissed about that.

Gord

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
I'm going for the gift set without a doubt... just to confirm though, will the third season also be available as an individual set? Are seasons 1 & 2 being packaged in one collection and the third in the next?

Anyways, I think this is a great release pattern, regardless of the high cost I'm very happy that they're offering multiple seasons on the same day. It will speed up the process too!

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Marco,
S1&2 are in one set and S3 is another set. They are packaging 1&2 together because they are so short. S1 is only 5 or 6 eps if Im not mistaken.

EricW

Senior HTF Member
the gift set has the value of the LOTR gift sets i think. i'm glad they're releasing the first 3 seasons all at once. that alone makes it a more attractive buy :P i wasn't initially going to get this, but after seeing all the extras they're putting in, i'm in (not the giftset though). either way, after the 4th season, i'm out, baby!

EricW

Senior HTF Member
does anybody know what the actual prices are going to be? are the prices being quoted the actual estimated price or the MSRP (which is always higher)?

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member

Not elbow macaroni, but fusili. "Becuase you're silly."

Also you forgot to mention Junior Mints and ticket stubs to PROGNOSIS NEGATIVE or CHUNNEL or DEATH BLOW or CRY CRY AGAIN or PONCE DE LEON or BLIMP: THE HINDENBURG STORY ("that's gotta hurt!" :laugh: ) or FIRESTORM or THE MUTED HEART starring Meryl Streep. "Oh. She's good." :rolleyes::)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks