What's new

"Memoirs of an Invisible Man" DVD becomes visible – August 19th (1 Viewer)

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I just got another e-mail from Carpenter's assistant – she said he knew of the DVD release since last week but that he will not be involved with the disc. Not sure why, perhaps WB never approached him?

Haden

Supporting Actor
Guess it's safe to say that this DVD will have little to no extras on it then. Warner is probably treating it like a Chevy Chase film rather than a John Carpenter film. It's an underrated movie and deserves more than just a bare bones release. :frowning:
I would have enjoyed seeing the HBO Making of special, a commentary with Carpenter and Chase, and any deleted scenes that exist. I'm sure there's no way in hell WB will ever revisit this as a special edition.

Josh L

Stunt Coordinator
WOOO HOOOO!
Finally! Like I said, I have been waiting for this one ever since I bought my player in 1997!
Alright Warner!
Keep 'em coming :)

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Well, there's still a possibility that the HBO making-of will be included, until full specs are announced, let's not think the worst. Like I said earlier in this thread, I'm just happy it's in widescreen as I've only seen it in P&S before – watching the DVD will be an eye opener I think.

Mike_Richardson

Supporting Actor
Carpenter has repeatedly said MEMOIRS was the worst experience he'd ever had on a movie and, when pressed on the issue, has constantly said he'd rather not elaborate on it...so I really, truly doubt we'd ever see a commentary (as much as I'd love to hear it for those very reasons).

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
In tonight's on-line chat with Warner Brothers (hosted by Home Theater Forum), they announced that the DVD's special features will be "light" due to "talent unavailability." What, Chevy Chase was actually busy? :)

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
In this case, talent unavailability problably means that Carpenter and Chase weren't interested.

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
So the full specs look like;

2.35:1 anamorphic widescreen
Dolby Digital 2.0
behind-the-scenes featurette
ILM effects featurette*
outtakes
easter eggs*
theatrical trailer

Looks pretty damn good afterall.

(*= recently announced)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks