What's new

t1g3r5fan

Reviewer
Real Name
Mychal Bowden
Memoirs of an Invisible Man stands out as an odd duck in the oeuvre of director John Carpenter. Despite the billing of Chevy Chase in the lead, it’s a movie that doesn’t fit comfortably in any one particular genre, making it somewhat of a disappointment considering some of the talent involved in making the movie. Nevertheless, it’s more of an intriguing misfire that does have its merits and Scream Factory’s release gives people a chance to give it a second look.

Memoirs of an Invisible Man (1992)

Released: 28 Feb 1992
Rated: PG-13
Runtime: 99 min

Director: John Carpenter
Genre: Comedy, Romance, Sci-Fi

Cast: Chevy Chase, Daryl Hannah, Sam Neill, Michael McKean
Writer(s): H.F. Saint (book), Robert Collector (screenplay), Dana Olsen (screenplay), William Goldman (screenplay)

Plot: After a freak accident, a yuppie...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I have to agree this movie is an odd duck. It never made up it’s mind what it wanted to be. It should have been so much better and I think Chase was miscast in this part. Because it’s from a favorite novel and because Daryl Hannah is in the film I might upgrade after it drops in price.

Nick*Z

Screenwriter
Real Name
NICK
This one was all over the place; a real slap-dash exercise in how 'not' to do a pseudo-suspense/comedy/drama/sci-fi, whatever. You can mix the light with the fantastic, but you still need trajectory to the piece. This never went in any one direction, but rather, every direction all at once. In the end, it just stood still and laid the proverbial egg.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks