What's new

t1g3r5fan

Reviewer
Real Name
Mychal Bowden
Beginning his career in the 1950’s as an actor, John Schlesinger quickly became a director in the same decade before achieving acclaim in the 1960’s with films like Billy Liar (1963), Darling (1965) and Far From the Madding Crowd (1967) in his native Britain. Following his Oscar winning debut in America – Midnight Cowboy (1969) – Schlesinger’s films in the 1970’s focused on the down and out and those outside the mainstream world, of which Marathon Man was among the eclectic group of movies he made during the decade. Previously released on DVD and Blu-ray by Paramount, Kino has licensed the movie for its UHD Blu-ray debut.

Marathon Man (1976)

Released: 08 Oct 1976
Rated: R
Runtime: 125 min

Director: John Schlesinger
Genre: Crime, Drama, Thriller

Cast: Dustin Hoffman, Laurence Olivier, Roy Scheider
Writer(s): William Goldman...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Lee Sandersen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Leland T. Sandersen
You'll never look at your dentist the same way after seeing this flick.
I have yet to meet an actual dentist who admits to have ever even heard of this flick. Are they all just trying to change the subject, or are most dentists dull, uninspiring people without interests?

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
I have yet to meet an actual dentist who admits to have ever even heard of this flick. Are they all just trying to change the subject, or are most dentists dull, uninspiring people without interests?
Mine loves it. Along with the 90s horror film The Dentist.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I suspect they are tired of having the same conversation about it, so they have probably wondered why people are so dull and uninspired that they can't talk about a different movie with dentists. ;)

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I suspect they are tired of having the same conversation about it, so they have probably wondered why people are so dull and uninspired that they can't talk about a different movie with dentists. ;)

How about this one?

Dentist In The Chair 1a.jpg

Note that Peggy Cummins - she of Gun Crazy - was in this mostly forgotten British comedy.

commander richardson

Second Unit
Real Name
martyn
How about this one?

View attachment 187418

Note that Peggy Cummins - she of Gun Crazy - was in this mostly forgotten British comedy.
forgotten but a good comedy. Now back to Marathon Man 4K which I viewed last night and the picture quality is a definite improvement over previous standard BD . The color scheme in parts has been altered slightly and I like it . Sound seems OK as before.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks