What's new

MechAssault Upgrades announced in OXM (1 Viewer)

Brian E

Screenwriter
January
Round 1 - New Mech (The Raven)
Speed: 42m/s (2nd fastest Mech in the game)
Laser: x2
Mach Gun: x2
Defense: Null Sig x2 (lasts twice as long as normal)
No Jump
Round 2 - New Map
Hell's Kitchen (A lava map with dense city area)
Round 3 - New Mech (Corvus)
Speed: 42 m/s (2nd fastest Mech in the game)
Pulse Laser x2
Auto Cannon x1
Defense: Target Jam x2 (lasts twice as long as normal)
Jump Jets
February
Round 1 - New Gametype
Capture the Flag, plus two new maps made for CTF
Round 2 - New Gametype
Objective Raid, plus two new maps made for the gametype
Round 3 - New Mechs
Locki and Hellbringer
Round 4 - New Maps
Two more completely new maps.

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
While I think the idea of adding new game modes is cool at the same time it makes me wonder, why weren't these included in the first place? Makes me think they rushed the game out the door.

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
Or held them back on purpose so they'd have some "good" updates in the can for the first part of the year.
I never buy stuff like this.

They release games because they're told to. They HAD to get this game out for launch. It was the main game for the Xbox launch.

It bothers me that they have us wait 4 months to get all of the features that could have been included with the game package.

I'll get off my soapbox now.

Glen

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Unlike many other games I bought in 2002, I don't regret this purchase at all. Even in its current form, if you have Live, I think it's definitely worth the fifty bucks... and whatever they add on for free is just icing on the cake. If you don't have Live, because the campaign mode is somewhat short, it may be a better rental than a purchase.

The only thing I hope is that one of these downloads fixes the lobby glitch that prevents players from remaining in a session after a game ends.

Jeffrey Forner

Screenwriter
It bothers me that they have us wait 4 months to get all of the features that could have been included with the game package.
Would you have preferred them to wait 4 months to release the game?
I don't get it. One of Xbox Live's most highly regarded features is the ability to download new content into games they already own. Now that we're starting to see this feature exploited, people are complaining about it not being in the game in the first place.
Come on, people! These downloads will be free! If you have Xbox Live and a copy of MechAssault, you have no reason to complain.

Calvin Watts III

Supporting Actor
Yeah...PC people should really love that :rolleyes
Well, IMHO, the game is just fine as it is. I don't mind waiting for new downloadable content that adds replay value to the game.
As long as I don't have to pay for it, that is...

Brian E

Screenwriter
A game would be held forever if they were to put in every feature one of us thought should be included.

Damien

Supporting Actor
Holy $hi_t they weren't lying this time.(sega gt)

TWO new game modes, 4 new mechs, a few maps, all for free....that is amazing....they better fix the lobby thing while there at it. My personal preference is to add a create a mech/map mode, i think xbox and it's hardrive could handle it.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Though a bit off topic, anyone that owns Ghost Recon and is having trouble finding games and other issues you'll be happy to hear this. This was posted on the official Ghost Recon forums:
Author: BrentW
Date: 12/28/02 10:35AM
A live update patch addressing the can't find games issue should be available around the second week of January.
Here is the link:
Ghost Recon forums
Also some news has now surfaced that Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders will be a Live title!
Here is the link:
KOF Live
In case you are curious as to what kind of game KOF is and want to take a look here is a nice preview:
KOF The Crusaders

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Allot of folks are going to have come to the realization that with the advent of console hard drives and online gaming... patches, updates so forth so on comes with the territory. With complex games like Star Wars Galaxies, Everquest and FFXI coming its inevitable.
How is that thread for some nice nostalgiac reading:)
Link:
Xbox Live, whos in?

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
With online gaming there is always a patch. I just want to know what happens when your hard drive is all filled with patches and updates :)

capt

Lee L

Supporting Actor
Speaking of filling your hard drive, does anyone have less than 50,000+ blocks of memory right now.
Also, did you catch the rumor in OXM that Bungie is working on some serialized game for the XBOX?

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
Now that we're starting to see this feature exploited, people are complaining about it not being in the game in the first place.
Jeffrey beat me to it. Seems people can never be satisfied. :rolleyes:New maps, new mechs, and new gameplay modes available a relatively short time from now.
That's good news.

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
If I never play MA again, I will have considered my $50 well-spent. Between the single-player campaign, the random online battles, and the fantastic Group Play sessions in the last few weeks, I have absolutely gotten my money's worth. And now there are going to be new maps, mechs, and game types? Consider my Mech cup runnething over! :emoji_thumbsup:

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
Don't get me wrong, as I said it's very cool to see them adding content. If you're incinuating that I'm one of the ones complaining I'm most definately not. However, I find it somewhat disturbing that so much new content is being added in addition to patches. It seems a bit to much like when PC games are released in near beta form only to be fixed later. One of the beauties of console gaming is to not have to worry about downloading bug fixes etc. There are still bugs in console games obviously but it seems like this could (and i stress could) be used as an excuse to rush games out the door. As I said earlier, I'm not badmouthing adding new features or fixing minor bugs. However, when you have to start downloading 40mb updates to your console games, that's when the line between PC and XBox is crossed.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassidylhorne
Recent bookmarks