What's new

Me So Happy -- Comcast CBS HD (1 Viewer)

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
Congratulations! I cancelled my cable service because they didn't carry Fox or PBS HDs and I could get them over the air and they were the only channels I really wanted. Enjoy!

Scott Barnhart

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Scott
Yay! This was the #1 reason I haven't gotten Comcast HD yet. Now I guess the time has come...

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
I wish they'd activate the firewire ports on their cable boxes so I could record the HD streams to my computer. :angry:

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
I believe the firewire ports are activated. At least that's the impression I get from this thread at AVS Forum:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hreadid=403695

I haven't done any of this myself, and it looks like there are many potential pitfalls, including the Broadcast Flag and 5C copy protection coming into play. But some have been successfully copying content to their PC via firewire from the cable box.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
It seems it's a toss up though. I have the same box as everyone else (SA3250HD) but hooking it up the PC doesn't do anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks