What's new

Me and Mr Johnson (1 Viewer)

Eric F

Screenwriter
George: You're not looking in the right places. If you live in NY you should be able to find traditional blues artists, they're everywhere.

I caught Chris Thomas King live as the closer for the Muddy Waters Tribute Band. I honestly had never heard of him, and I've been into Blues for over 20yrs.

Needless to say most people were there to see the Muddy Band, not Chris. It was a bad sign when the MC had to come out and tell (warn) people of what a "cutting edge" blues artist he is. He started off on his rap stuff (mixing/scratching and all) and we walked out.

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
I don't have the Complete Original Recordings (or whatever the proper title is), but today I scored Robert Johnson - King of the Delta Blues at my local Borders for $9.99.

It's on Columbia Legacy, dated 1997, and claims to be mastered with Sony's Super Bit Mapping.

Have not had a chance to spin it yet, but I am looking forward to finally hearing the original versions of all of Eric's Mr. Johnson material, and so many other cover versions.

For a ten-spot, I don't see how I can go wrong.

BGL

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks