What's new

McLeod's Daughters -- U.S. DVD release? (1 Viewer)

Casey C.

Stunt Coordinator
My fiancee has gotten me addicted to "McLeod's Daughters" on the WE (Women's Entertainment) Channel. It's an Australian series about five women running a ranch in Australia after the death of the two daughters' father. It's hokey and predictable at times, but it's also charming thanks to good chemistry among the cast. The show is in its fifth season in Australia, but here in the States we've just completed Season 1.

The first three seasons are on DVD, but in Australia only -- meaning Region 4 PAL. What are the odds of this series being released in the States?

WE claims the show is a hit but a "hit" for them probably means less audience than the lowest-rated show on TNT.

(Note to Aussies: No spoilers please -- although I've read ahead on the Web so I know what happens at the end of season 3 :frowning: )

I have no idea who would own the U.S. DVD rights. There's no U.S. distributor shown on the show's credits so I assume WE (which is owned by Cablevision) bought the U.S. syndication rights straight from the Australian production company.

Julian Lalor

Supporting Actor
I suspect you're going to have to get this one on R4 DVD. I can't think of one Australian television series on DVD in the US, and each season comprises over 20 episodes. I just can't see it as a commercially viable prospect.

Casey C.

Stunt Coordinator
You're probably right. But if a U.K. series like MI-5 can sell successfully here, why not an Aussie one? Ah well ...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks