MC-1 Users : DTS Query

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DexS, May 5, 2002.

1. DexS

DexS Extra

I am considering a used MC-1 and am highly impressed by its logic 7 decoding when auditioning 5.1 materials. However this unit does not come with the latest decoding programs which frankly does not add much when you have Logic 7. I do not care much about DTS 6.1 Discrete or Neo 6.1 and others. But there are quite a number of DTS 6.1 Matrix materials around. Thus my question is for such DVDs do you guys prefer listening them on DTS Logic 7 or DTS THX EX mode ?

Also I have heard a DTS Logic Film on MC-12. Is this mode only available on MC-12 ? Looks like its a combi of DTS Logic 7 and DTS Film.

Thanks for your comments.

Dex

2. Jeff H

Jeff H Stunt Coordinator

I have the DC2 version 4, and I only listen to DTS/DD Logic 7. I have tried the EX mode and definitely prefer logic7. I only listen to Logic 7 and Music Logic. I wouldn't worry about the discrete option. Get the Lex, you will not regret it.

3. Philip Brandes

Philip Brandes Stunt Coordinator

[duplicate post]

4. Philip Brandes

Philip Brandes Stunt Coordinator

5. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

6. Steve Morgan

Steve Morgan Second Unit

Steve
    I am a new MC-1 owner. I sold my B&K Ref 30 which does ex decoding. I throughly enjoyed the REf 30 and agonized over selling it for the MC-1. After 4 weeks with the Lex I now am glad I did.Logic 7 is spectacular IMO much better than EX.The thing that I found is that it seems I am listening to 5.1 material when it is actually AC-3 2.0. It has made DSS listening much better.

Steve

7. John Tompkins

John Tompkins Supporting Actor

Ditto what Steve said. I listen exclusively in logic 7 mode for movies/dss. Thx ex dts-es not even in the same league!

8. Kevin McCurdy

Kevin McCurdy Stunt Coordinator

I've had the MC-1 for about a month now. I've tried several DD & DTS movies enabling and disabling Logic 7 and my preference is Logic 7.

9. Todd_Michael_R

Todd_Michael_R Stunt Coordinator

New MC-1 owner here as well. I have version 4 and prefer Logic 7 over any of the sound formats. TV is much better now and my old dusty video collection has come back to life w/ L7. Love it. [​IMG]

10. DexS

DexS Extra

Thanks to all for your comments. Sorry that as I have been away I did not respond to this thread. Nevertheless looks like I have gotten DTS/DD L7 is the most preferred way to watch the movies.

Regards

Dex