What's new

MC-1 Users : DTS Query (1 Viewer)

DexS

Grip
I am considering a used MC-1 and am highly impressed by its logic 7 decoding when auditioning 5.1 materials. However this unit does not come with the latest decoding programs which frankly does not add much when you have Logic 7. I do not care much about DTS 6.1 Discrete or Neo 6.1 and others. But there are quite a number of DTS 6.1 Matrix materials around. Thus my question is for such DVDs do you guys prefer listening them on DTS Logic 7 or DTS THX EX mode ?

Also I have heard a DTS Logic Film on MC-12. Is this mode only available on MC-12 ? Looks like its a combi of DTS Logic 7 and DTS Film.

Thanks for your comments.

Dex

Jeff H

Stunt Coordinator
I have the DC2 version 4, and I only listen to DTS/DD Logic 7. I have tried the EX mode and definitely prefer logic7. I only listen to Logic 7 and Music Logic. I wouldn't worry about the discrete option. Get the Lex, you will not regret it.

Philip Brandes

Stunt Coordinator
Also I have heard a DTS Logic Film on MC-12. Is this mode only available on MC-12 ? Looks like its a combi of DTS Logic 7 and DTS Film.
They are functionally the same. The MC-12's DTS L7 FILM mode corresponds to the DTS Logic 7 Film mode on the MC-1; each is loaded automatically when you press the Logic 7 button on the remote when a DTS source is playing. However, all of the MC-12's Logic 7 modes have been re-written to take advantage of the superior underlying SHARC processors, so the MC-12 does offer a more refined version of Logic 7. The MC-1 still sounds great, though, and for the prices you can get them for they are one of the best bargains in audio today.
If you have any further questions, there is an entire message board devoted to Lexicon owners at:
www.smr-forums.com
Cheers,
Philip Brandes

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
(There is no value in using a discrete vs. matrix rear channel for a pair of speakers in the rear operating in mono, which is why in the two years since the format's introduction the number of discs is under ten and holding).

While the adoption of DTS-ES 6.1 Discrete has been anything but enthusiastic (deservedly so, IMO), you might want to change that to "under twenty". I believe all of these are out and confirmed:

1. Bad Taste
  2. Beastmaster
  3. Bones
  4. Chicken Run
  5. Evil Dead, The
  6. Gladiator
  7. Haunting, The
  8. Maniac
  9. Opera
  10. Rush Hour 2
  11. Se7en: Platinum Series
  12. Stunt Man, The
  13. Suspiria
  14. Vigilante
  15. Watcher in the Woods, The[/list=a]

M.

Steve Morgan

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve
I am a new MC-1 owner. I sold my B&K Ref 30 which does ex decoding. I throughly enjoyed the REf 30 and agonized over selling it for the MC-1. After 4 weeks with the Lex I now am glad I did.Logic 7 is spectacular IMO much better than EX.The thing that I found is that it seems I am listening to 5.1 material when it is actually AC-3 2.0. It has made DSS listening much better.

Steve

John Tompkins

Supporting Actor
Ditto what Steve said. I listen exclusively in logic 7 mode for movies/dss. Thx ex dts-es not even in the same league!

Kevin McCurdy

Stunt Coordinator
I've had the MC-1 for about a month now. I've tried several DD & DTS movies enabling and disabling Logic 7 and my preference is Logic 7.

Todd_Michael_R

Stunt Coordinator
New MC-1 owner here as well. I have version 4 and prefer Logic 7 over any of the sound formats. TV is much better now and my old dusty video collection has come back to life w/ L7. Love it. :)

DexS

Grip
Thanks to all for your comments. Sorry that as I have been away I did not respond to this thread. Nevertheless looks like I have gotten DTS/DD L7 is the most preferred way to watch the movies.

Regards

Dex

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks