What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Pre-Order Matinee Collector's Edition (1993) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
91WK8FKdPEL._SX522_.jpg

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
What is "Shout Select" and how does this differ from any regular Shout release? Is it some kind of limited edition?

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Figures, I just got the German import earlier this year :) But that was $10 and this is $35, so I can feel okay about that.

Dave B Ferris

Screenwriter
The elephant in the room, or the ant in the room: I think there has not been a previous domestic release, either DVD or BR, that included the full film-within-the-film "Mant". (I think it may be on Matt's LD, and on Josh's German BR.) For this release, there are no details on the click-through link at Amazon, and on Shout's own web site, they say the extras have not been announced yet (or words to that effect).

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Yeah, my region B purchase for about $12 isn't looking so bad right now.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
The elephant in the room, or the ant in the room: I think there has not been a previous domestic release, either DVD or BR, that included the full film-within-the-film "Mant". (I think it may be on Matt's LD, and on Josh's German BR.) For this release, there are no details on the click-through link at Amazon, and on Shout's own web site, they say the extras have not been announced yet (or words to that effect).
Yes, Mant! is definitely on that laserdisc which is one of the reasons I bought it.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Had the "MANT!" laserdisc, and I've had the French Blu-ray (which is beautiful - and includes it) for a few years now. Unless they announce some additional extras that are absolutely irresistible, I'm sticking with what I've got ... which cost me nowhere NEAR thirty-five smackers.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
So does the German that I have. It looks like Universal is licensing (some) the bonus features with the film as a complete package, since there are some things appearing across the board despite different labels in different regions.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks