What's new

Maters Tall Tales coming on 11/2 according to Amazon (1 Viewer)

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Maters Tall Tales is a series of animated shorts involving Mater from Cars telling "tall tales" about adventures he and Lightning McQueen have had (but Lightning never can seem to remember). They occasionally air on the Disney Channel and are just hysterical. While there has been no "official" annoucnement from Disney, they are releasing the complete collection of shorts on 11/2 and its currently available from Amazon in a DVD/BD combo for under $20. I highly recommend this release if you are a fan of Cars as they are hysterical. Each short is 4-5 min long. Here are a listing of the "tall tales" from Amazon:

NEW! Never Before Seen
1. Moon Mater
Mater is the first Tow Truck on the moon. His mission: Rescue the Impala XIII by giving him a tow and bringing him back to Earth. Lightning McQueen joins Mater and they are met with a hero's welcome.

NEW! Never Before Seen
2. Mater Private Eye
Mater is a private investigator working on a case of counterfeit tires when Tia rolls back into his life. She hires Mater to find her sister, Mia, who's been car-napped. Mater searches for clues and closes in on a major crime scene. Lieutenant Lightning McQueen arrives just in time to help bring the criminals to justice.

3. Monster Truck Mater
Mater is a professional wrestler who works his way up the ranks from amateur to World Champion Monster Truck Wrestler, wrestling all kinds of characters along the way. When faced with his biggest opponent yet, Mater tags in his "tag team partner," Frightening McMean.

4. Heavy Metal Mater
Mater is a rock star in a heavy metal band. He starts out in a garage band and rises to the top with his hit song "Dad Gum." Lightning McQueen joins him on stage in the middle of a huge concert and they rock into history.

5. Rescue Squad Mater
Mater is a fire truck that rescues Lightning McQueen from a burning building. When McQueen is rushed to the hospital, he discovers that Mater is a doctor, too.

6. Mater the Greater
Mater is a famous daredevil who does all kinds of stunts. And Lightning McQueen becomes an unwilling participant in Mater's greatest stunt ever.

7. El Materdor
Mater is a famous bulldozer fighter in Spain. He's so good, he's able to fend off multiple bulldozers at once. Lightning McQueen joins Mater in this Tall Tale just as things are at their worst.

8. Unidentified Flying Mater
Mater meets a cute little bucktoothed UFO named Mator, takes him out for a night of fun and they quickly become best friends. But when Mator is captured by the military, Mater and Lightning McQueen come to the rescue.

9. Tokyo Mater
A routine towing assignment lands Mater in Tokyo where he is challenged to a drift-style race against a nefarious gang leader and his posse of ninjas. With the help of his friend, "Dragon" Lightning McQueen, and some special modifications, Mater attempts to drift to victory and become "Tow-ke-O Mater, King of all Drifters."

Bonus Features:

•Paths to Pixar
•Studio Stories: McQueen Has No Hands
•Mater bumper-to-bumper
•Making Mater's Tall Tales
•Unmade Tales intro by Rob Gibbs
Runway Mater
Stunt Mater
Backwards To The Forwards
Car-nival
Import Mater
•Cars Toons storyreels
Mater the Greater
Unidentified Flying Mater1
Mater P.I.
•Cars Land sneak peek
•Mater Private Eye trailer

Tech Specs:

•Presentation: Widescreen
•Aspect Ratio: 1.78:1
•Sound: 5.1 English, French and Spanish
•Primary Language: English
•Subtitled: English, French
•Dubbed: Spanish, French
•Closed Captions: Yes
•Running Time of Shorts: Approx. 38 minutes
•For Region A use (Americas, East and Southeast Asia, U.S. territories, Bermuda) only

Previews of some of the tales can be found on Disney's site:

http://disneydvd.disney.go.com/cars-toon-maters-tall-tales.html

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
No wonder they didn't have this in the Disney Store the other day.

These are great (the Disney Channel runs them from time to time). Definitely worth picking up.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I've watched these online, except for the two new ones. They are not bad. I thought the best ones were "Tokyo Mater" and "Monster Truck Mater", with TM slightly beating out MTM. The rest ranged from OK to Meh. Worth picking up if one is a completist or fan.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
I seem to remember reading that some or all of these were produced in 3D as Pixar was using them as a test bed for the format while preparing "Up". I think "Tokyo Mater" was the first Pixar short to be shown in theaters in 3D.

Regards,

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Modified! Tokyo Mater is one of my favorites. I actually like Unidentifed Flying Mater and Rescue Mater better than Monster Truck Mater.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks