What's new

Matala 996 (1 Viewer)

Jay W.

Stunt Coordinator
I am searching for a new dvd player. I was just about to get a pioneer until I came across a website selling the Malata (interested in the pal to nstc conversion). I have a few questions.
The downcoversion to a 4:3 tv.
I have a toshiba that does terrible downconversion. The main reason I was going to get a pioneer was because it was so good at it. How does the Matala do?
Sound
How is the sound quakity? The pioneer has stong powerful bass.
How well does it handle scratched discs?
The website avdeals says it has a 1 year parts and labor warranty. Are they legit? Since I never heard of this brand so I was wondering if they had any authorised service centers in the US.

Chris Dugger

Supporting Actor
Jay,
I'm still awaiting mine..
avdeals keeps telling me every other day that.."It's going out today", "We are swamped", "I've moved your to the top of the shipping pile", "we promise, it's going out today", "We are behind because of the large requests", "honest, we are shipping them today", etc, etc,etc.
So, if you order... here's hoping you get it with in a month or two.
Also, member Matt Stevens can answer your questions direct. He own's this player and has put it through the paces!
Dugger

greg jones

Stunt Coordinator
Glad to see that I'm not the only one waiting on a player. I ordered mine a week ago Monday and haven't gotten any type of notification as of yet that it's shipped out. I've called a couple of times and get the same story.
From everything I've read, this is an excellent player. I probably would have cancelled my order if it weren't for the fact that the only other comparable player in respects to features/price is the Skyworth. I would get a Skyworth if I were willing to do a soldering job and not have any type of warranty.
Here's hoping that I get mine this week (as I was promised last week and this week).
------------------
Greg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks