What's new

Martin Logan owners what amp? (1 Viewer)

Brad Jay

Agent
I just bought a Martin Logan HT setup and need a few answers for amp selection. This is what I own.

Denon 3802

Fronts = Ascents

Center = Cinema

Rear = Scripts

SVS 20-39cs+ Samson S-1000

HTS 2500

I know I need a seperate amp to power the Ascents but what Make, Model would you guys recommend. Also if you can get the amp online the website would be helpful.

Is the HTS 2500 a good enough clean power supply and will it have enough inputs with the equipment I have above plus another amp, dvd, vcr and satellite. Thanks guys!!!

EarlR

Stunt Coordinator
Brad

I would recommend a Classe amp for your ML’s. The CA200 would be a good choice and you should be able to pick one up used for a reasonable amount. If you want to go new, the CA201 or the new CAM250 monoblocks would sound great.

Earl

Brad Jay

Agent
Thanks Earl,

I will repost this in the amp section and hopefully get some more suggestions.

DannyL

Stunt Coordinator
i use an aragon 8008 for my sl-3's. bought it used on audiogon. awesome amplifier!

Brad Jay

Agent
Thanks Danny,

I would like to find a nice used 8008x3 but they sure are tough to find. Do you feel the 3 channel amp is a must.

DannyL

Stunt Coordinator
i bought mine used on audiogon. i was going to buy the 8008bb but then a 3 channel version came up for $100 more, so i bought it. i am using a bohlender graebner 220dx as a center channel and i found that the aragon provides slightly improved bass performance on my center channel versus using my yamaha receiver to drive it. it was a marginal improvement. the difference on the martin logans when driving them with the aragon was like night and day, however. much better and wider soundstage. one gripe about the aragons amps is that they do not have a 12 Volt trigger so i use a panamax surge protector to power it on and off.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks