Martin Logan Home Theater? (1 Viewer)

Aron

Grip
The speakers are as followed....

Front---Martin Logan Oddysseys
Center--Martin Logan Theater i
Rear----Martin Logan Scripts
Sub-----Velodyne HGS-18 II

The front speakers are run by a Pass Labs X-250 (250 watts), the Center and Rear are run by a Pass Labs X3 (150 watts). I'm using the front end of a Yamaha RX-V1 at the moment for Pre/Pro duty.

I want to built a killer Home Theater without losing out on 2 channel music. I listen to music in stereo about 60% of the time and the rest 40% for DVD movies.

Will adding a Sunfire Grand III, Rotel 1066 or a Processor from Anthem be alot better than the front end of the Yamaha RX-V1? Will adding a Rogue 66 or Adcom 750 2 channel pre with a Home Theater pass thru with the processor above make a whole lot of difference for 2 channel listening?

Any other suggestions will be greatly appreciated
Thanks

Robert A. Willis Jr.

Second Unit
Depends upon the budget. In the 4k range Bel Canto, Krell and perhaps Lexicon (I think the new model is in this ballpark) come to mind. If you have the funds, you could think Krell, Lexicon, Proceed (oops Mark Levinson), Classe, Anthem. All of these are around 8k and up. There are a few others like Muse which are smaller companies but are known for quality sound.

I have heard all of the sub 4k units and none sound as good as the Bel Canto or Krell (not close). OOP's I haven't heard the Fosgate FAP-1.

First of all, take the time to listen. You live in a dealer rich state so listen.

Pass Labs makes (made?) a prepro.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks