Marantz trigger out to Rotel Amp?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Arnie_A, May 28, 2003.

1. Arnie_A

Arnie_A Agent

Hi all,

I just got the Rotel 1075 and I want to use its trigger-on feature. However, my Marantz has an RCA trigger out but the amp uses a 3.5mm jack for a trigger in.

Can I just get an RCA to 3.5mm adapter to connect the trigger-out and trigger-in?

Has anyone done this before?

Thanks in advance.

2. Arnie_A

Arnie_A Agent

Scratch the first post, folks. I just read the manual again for my 6200 and it does NOT have a trigger-out for other components. It only has a proprietary Marantz RDBus (?) in and out.

Now the following question would be...how do I trigger the amp so I don't have to get up and press the power button everytime I turn on/off the system?????

Thanks.

3. Cameron Wright

Cameron Wright Stunt Coordinator

you can get a AC adapter plug it into your marantz AC outlet on the back and stick it in the rotel.. they sell em around here for like 20 canadian... from 1-12 volts output you can select..

If you cant find one I'll pick one up and send it to ya if you really need.

4. Arnie_A

Arnie_A Agent

That sounds like it will work just fine! What exactly do you call it? I'll try to look for one here @ the local stores. If I can't find one, I'll let you know. I greatly appreciate your offer!!

...maybe there's a website that sells these things?...

5. Cameron Wright

uhh I have no idea.. Its just a Ac adapter that ends in a Mini jack ( I think a mini jack is Sony's doing)

SO looks for a Ac adapter ( like used for discmen) and look for the correct output.. you can get adapters to go from a big one to a 3.5mm Mini jack. Just ask Rotel what imput voltage and what input to select + or -

ill take a pic of one if the guy dosent look at me like Im insane..........[​IMG]

6. NickSP

NickSP Supporting Actor

Arnie, just head on over to a radio shack and ask for a 2-12V AC Adapter and they should hook you up with the right thing.

7. Arnie_A

Arnie_A Agent

Thanks Nick and Cameron. I'll check it out tomorrow.

8. Cameron Wright

or you could do that [​IMG]