What's new

Marantz SR7200 Auto Shut Down (1 Viewer)

Douglas Weir

Auditioning
My Marantz SR7200 (Recent purchase - second hand) is performing superbly - (replaced an SR96) apart from an annoying habit of switching off while watching TV - ie when TV is providing audio input. I am at a loss as to where to turn for a solution. Can anyone help please?

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Shuts down under what conditions? ANY time you use the TV input? Or only during certain types of programs. Is there a cable/sat box or just straight analog from the TV?

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
The Marantz may have a menu selection for 'auto TV' on or off. You may wish to look at what the setting is.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
That setting turns on the TV whenever you turn the receiver on so you may view OSD if hooked up. This should not affect the operation of the receiver.

Douglas Weir

Auditioning
Thankyou for your replies. Only connection between between TV and Receiver is audio (Coaxial, L and R), no video connection. Shut down is random, 3 - 7 minutes after restart. Local adviser has suggested line output from TV may be too high for receiver, causing shutdown. I have changed input of tv audio into VCR2 on receiver and this appears to eliminate shutdown. But it makes it more difficult to control system with the remote.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Do you have a setting for fixed or variable out from the TV's analog outs? Try each setting, this could be the problem. If the output from the receiver is too high, the receiver should inidicate it with a PEAK light on the front (my 8300 does), but it never shut down with this. When this happens, the manual says to use the attenuation function for this source.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks