What's new

marantz sr4300 website (1 Viewer)

Tony Lai

Stunt Coordinator
These might also be helpful...
Link Removed
Link Removed
Link Removed
There are some changes of course, but also a fair bit of carry over such as the truly hopeless remotes (the RC1200 isn't bad though). Some may also question the effacy of a 9.7kg package that develops 6 x 80w...
When will Marantz bring out a preamp? Just gut the amps from a SR7300 and I'll be happy.
T.

ChrisAG

Supporting Actor
Looks like the 6300 comes with the same awful remote as the 6200. My advice for anyone considering these receivers: the remote alone is worth the added cost of the 7x00 (unless you live in Canada, where the 7200 costs 50% more than the 6200).

Craig_Kg

Supporting Actor
When will Marantz bring out a preamp? Just gut the amps from a SR7300 and I'll be happy.
Only if they add in some decent bass management.

They all seem too light for them to be able to drive all channels at full power simultaneously.

Phuong

Stunt Coordinator
I agree with the bass management. Marantz has a ton of folks here sitting on the fence because of that ridiculous 100 Hz crossover. Maybe it's a cost-cutting measure, although I'm not an electrical engineer, so I can't say for sure how much more powerful an amp is when it handles only 100 Hz and above (in SMALL mode) vs. 80 Hz and above, or 60 Hz and above. It's pretty well known on this forum that almost no midprice mass market receiver can hit its specified power rating, with all channels running and set to large. They might be able to with two running, and definitely, if those channels are set to SMALL. So I guess with all those rave reviews, the Marantz SR4200 is proving that it's possible to make an audiophile-friendly receiver that probably only delivers 50 watts per channel.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks