What's new

Marantz SR-7000: Setting levels across speakers (1 Viewer)

Jon Weingarden

Auditioning
I just hooked up my old Marantz SR7000 using PCM (Optical) from my TV to the receiver and the Dolby setting.

Its working in surround, but the center channel is a bit too loud; it overwhelms any warmth from the bass module or spatial impact of the surround speakers.

How do I change the settings, like turning down the center speaker?

I can't find the remote, but I'll keep looking in case I need it.

(The center channel is turned way up because my dad is hard of hearing and we had it cranked so he could hear the narratives/conversations).

jeffpell

Auditioning
Real Name
Jeff Pell
You can enter setup from the front panel on the receiver or from the remote if you find it. From there goto Speakers > Manual Setup > Levels. From there you can adjust the db levels of each speaker.

Jon Weingarden

Auditioning
jeffpell said:
You can enter setup from the front panel on the receiver or from the remote if you find it. From there goto Speakers > Manual Setup > Levels. From there you can adjust the db levels of each speaker.
I don't see setup anywhere:
Used%20Equipment%20Photos%20023.jpg

Type A

HW Reviewer
Real Name
Ty
Remotes.com says theres no known substitute. I would buy a cheap Harmony remote, its likely one of the Marantz models in their database will work if the SR7000 itself isnt there. Just purchase the remote where you can easily return it if it doesnt work.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
Or keep checking ebay. You could "probably" use a remote from just about any Marantz receiver from the same era, or even a much later model. They should all use the same codes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks