Marantz dealers in Canada?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Darren Lang, Jan 29, 2004.

1. Darren Lang

Darren Lang Extra

I went on the website for Marantz and I can't believe that there is only one dealer in all of Canada - in Pickering Ontario.

Does anyone know where I could get an accurate dealer list for Ontario?

2. Brendan Low

Brendan Low Auditioning

Not sure of an accurate list, but I know that Gibson Sound and Vision sells Marantz. They are located in Waterloo.

3. Dave Simpson

Dave Simpson Second Unit

Darren,

Pickering Ontario is home to the office of the Lenbrook Group, which distributes NAD, Marantz, and PSB, among others. Marantz is certainly available at more than one dealer in all of Canada. Perhaps an e-mail to Lenbrook can provide you with a list of dealers? Try jrodgers@lenbrook.com. Cheers.

DS.

4. Jeremy Porter

Jeremy Porter Auditioning

I don't know if this helps,but there is a box mover store called A&B Sound that carries Marantz. The only problem is that their stores are from BC to Manitoba (none in Ontario).Feel like going for a drive?[​IMG]

5. Tom Camlioglu

Tom Camlioglu Stunt Coordinator

There is the AudioShop here in Ottawa - that carries Marantz. E-mail is www.audioshop.on.ca

6. Shawn Solar

Shawn Solar Supporting Actor

There are about 2-3 dealers in the Niagara Region. Welland and St. Catherines. Thomas electronics and Gibby's.

7. Drew_W

Drew_W Screenwriter

There are also quite a number in Metro Toronto. HiFi 2000, Great Metropolitan Sound, Bay Bloor, Eastview TV & Electronics, and I'm sure there are others I'm forgetting.

Lenbrook is a distributor. And it irks me that they don't list dealers on their website. Same situation for Harman Kardon. And with H/K, they don't seem to want to reply to any e-mails I've sent asking them for authorized dealers in my area. In the era of the internet, I find not listing dealers for Canada absolutely stupid.

8. ChipH

ChipH Auditioning

Allied TV - Hamilton

9. Shiu

Shiu Second Unit

Drew, HK answered my email every time. Problem is, answers always came from the distributor in Montreal. I could never communicate directly with HK in the U.S. Price of HK in Canada is outrageous. I hope this is not the case for Marantz.

10. Drew_W

Drew_W Screenwriter

No sir, the pricing on Marantz receivers is more competitive. I can't rattle off what they are off the top of my head, but I think they present a better deal to Canadian consumers.

11. Shiu

Shiu Second Unit

That is good news to me, when I am ready to upgrade my Sony DA4ES, I will check out Marantz, NAD, Rotel and probably Denon as well. HK (AVR7200) used to be on top of my list but I am not about to accept a price penalty, just because I live in Canada.